Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JEDA USB HUB & Wireless Charging Pad - Poor Customer Service for Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is just a heads up for anyone in Australia considering ordering from Jeda.

I ordered in the last week of November and paid $28 USD (around $40) in shipping. You normally would expect to receive your item in 3-4 days with DHL express/Fedex which sometimes costs lot less than $40. After a week I was told that they didn't have stock and after 2-3 follow ups and 5 weeks later, they have finally sent the item and guess which service they have used - DHL Packet Plus International which is one of the slowest and cheapest services, even worse than USPS Airmail. They probably spent less that $5 in shipping after charging $28. Amazon sellers usually refund the shipping costs and upgrade your package to fastest service available if there are delays at their end but Jeda even tried to rip me off on shipping after 5 weeks of delay at their end.

Regardless of how good their product is, I would stay away from dealing with these guys given dodgy practices.

My order took just over a month from ordering(18/11) to delivery - it was shipped on the 11th of Dec and was delivered on the 24th.

While I agree the wording they use for delivering the goods is some what misleading (Shipping), I do generally take this to mean shipping & handling - which equals a profit center for the business. When I ordered I accepted the charge.... it's just part of the cost of goods.

So far I'm happy with the product, it functions as advertised as well as looks and feels good.

You’re not the only one. Even the customers in the USA get equally appalling service from these guys. Just have a look at their twitter, and also the forums. Many many MANY people had waited months for products to ship, emails constantly going unanswered etc.

Their product seems nice but I’m not touching them with a 10 foot pole.

Their product is brilliant when you receive it (USB hub is my only experience) however customer service is not their forte to say the least. Mine has failed and it was almost 5 weeks of emailing into the abyss with no responses when they replied to a note I put on twitter promising an email follow up which took a further twitter nag after a week of silence.

I understand they have lengthy product lead times (which will also impact warranty replacement turnaround) but it's pretty easy to keep people updated with regular emails and to set expectations. And that easy step they are hopeless at. No question. Customers will fill the silence with presumption they're being dishonest, where that may not be the case (but it could be too of course - silence is silence!)

As I said the design and usability of the USB hub is awesome. And so far I've not heard of others with the exact fault I've experienced (it's still a USB hub that works perfectly for the SSD and USB game controllers, but it no longer charges phones). So I'd still cautiously recommend it. But wow how their service frustrates me.

FWIW, my timeline so far:
  • I reported fault November 17, they replied 19th (that's okay granted timezones) and gave troubleshooting suggestions/questions
  • November 24 I responded to all their questions.
  • nothing but silence in response to my follow up emails.
  • December 21 I tweeted, they replied same day, I DM'd my email address as requested
  • December 29 I tweeted I'd still heard nothing and got an email same day asking for my shipping address for replacement...awaiting confirmation of that being sent as I type this...
It's a shame, granted as I say how much I'm delighted by the actual device.

It took a month for my order to ship back in September. The charging pad was in stock, but it took 4 weeks for them to get stock of the hub. Automated communication of order state is non existent, but they are quite responsive if you email them.

I think they are a small business with very few staff that has produced a great product and managed to attract way more business than they are setup to handle and are having growing pains trying to keep up with demand (sound like any other company you know of?).

I'm 6+ weeks since ordering products from them at this point...

Order was placed 12/2 with an estimated time of 3-4 weeks.

4 weeks later with no updates I emailed them to receive a reply saying it would be another 1.5 weeks.

2 weeks later I still have no shipping notification and have had no email response to my last 2 emails.

I've been pretty patient with them, I'm a small business owner too and can understand how things can go, but I have never put a customer in a position like this.

I will hate to do it, but without word back from them soon (like in the next 24 hours) I am going to dispute the charge with my bank for failure to fulfill the order.

Maybe the product is great, but the only way to know that is if after they take your money they actually deliver the product.

I'm 6+ weeks since ordering products from them at this point...

Order was placed 12/2 with an estimated time of 3-4 weeks.

4 weeks later with no updates I emailed them to receive a reply saying it would be another 1.5 weeks.

2 weeks later I still have no shipping notification and have had no email response to my last 2 emails.

I've been pretty patient with them, I'm a small business owner too and can understand how things can go, but I have never put a customer in a position like this.

I will hate to do it, but without word back from them soon (like in the next 24 hours) I am going to dispute the charge with my bank for failure to fulfill the order.

Maybe the product is great, but the only way to know that is if after they take your money they actually deliver the product.

Based on my case, there should be a tracking email within a day of the support person “fixing things”. Check spam folder maybe, else email them again (and every day til you get one?).

I sent an email to them before ordering and got the following within 24 hours:

Thank you for your email and for getting in touch with us. My name is Lauren and I'm happy to help you out.

So, we did have a huge backlog from Black Friday until about this week, in which orders were taking 3 weeks + shipping to arrive.

Great news is, we now have a 10 day shipping timeframe for all orders, so anything placed now does ship in 10 days or less. www.getjeda.com/shipping

Hope this helps!

Ordered 2x wireless pad's, hopefully will not have the issues others have experienced.

I sent an email to them before ordering and got the following within 24 hours:

Thank you for your email and for getting in touch with us. My name is Lauren and I'm happy to help you out.

So, we did have a huge backlog from Black Friday until about this week, in which orders were taking 3 weeks + shipping to arrive.

Great news is, we now have a 10 day shipping timeframe for all orders, so anything placed now does ship in 10 days or less. www.getjeda.com/shipping

Hope this helps!

Ordered 2x wireless pad's, hopefully will not have the issues others have experienced.

True to their word our charge pads have been sent and I have a tracking number, all happened overnight from placing order.

Thus far I am extremely satisfied with Jeda and their team.