Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda V4 Wireless Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Jeda Wireless Charger about a month ago now to fit my iPhone 12 Pro Max, and just got this email from Jeda. Looks like they are releasing (and sending me) a new V4 with alcantara, and even better, built in magsafe magnets.

Your order is being upgraded!​

Hey (name),

Thanks for purchasing a Jeda Wireless Pad from us. At the time you purchased you elected to order our V3 wireless charger, which we launched a year ago. We're now in the process of upgrading our wireless charger again to include a few extra features which will benefit your charging experience. Instead of shipping you a product and upgrading the same product after, we decided to halt your order to ensure you get the most updated version of the item you've ordered, with the most up-to-date technology. Below are a few things changing on the wireless pad, and a few things staying the same.

SURFACE

The upgraded Jeda Wireless Pad V4 will now feature a premium alcantara leather texture, identical to the texture now featured in 2021 Model 3's and Y's. This texture provides a scratch proof surface which ensures that scratches will not appear with continued use. Alongside being scratch-proof, the premium alcantara finish will provide a softer surface for your phone to lay on for total equipment protection.

MAGSAFE

For those with iPhone 12's, the new V4 pad will include magnets for magsafe charging. While this does not mean that it will provide 15w in charging speeds, it does mean that if you have an iPhone it will connect magnetically to the Jeda Wireless Pad just as a magsafe case does. Similarly, magsafe cases will also work on the new pad.

PHONE SIZE COVERAGE

As phone shapes and sizes are constantly evolving so are wireless chargers made for them. Our newest Jeda Wireless Pad V4 has been tested with the smallest phones on the market to the largest phones on the market. Increased charging coverage means easy charging every time.

LANDSCAPE AND WIRED CHARGING

Our pad will still continue to offer wired charging and landscape charging. The Jeda Wireless Pad V4 will come with a spacer, which allows for wired charging and provides an extra ledge to rest your phone on. To use wired charging, the Tesla L-shaped cables are required. Landscape charging is compatible with all phone sizes.

USB A AND USB C CABLES

We will be including extra cables for those who desire using different ports. The V4 will come with Two USB A cables and one USB C cable. Whether you have a vehicle which features a USB C port, or you simply want to plug into a different port on your USB hub. You can mix and match how and where to connect your wireless pad.

SHIPMENTS

Currently the Jeda Wireless Pad V4 is in production. Each wireless charger is manually assembled and tested. The premium alcantara finish is carefully applied to each individual wireless pad. Shipments for the Jeda Wireless Pad will begin the last week of March and extend into the first week of April. We will send out one final email to you in two weeks to let you know your pad is gearing up for shipment and will include new photos of your upgraded charger!

I wonder how this will fit in the new consoles?

@JakeMoore it sounds like they plan a variation of it for the refreshed console vehicles (2021 Model 3 and build-on-or-after Feb 7, 2021 Model Y) which will be a bit more expensive but also include an integrated USB hub that works with the new console. EDIT: sorry this is in regard to the new Jeda Tray so probably not the info you were looking for.

Jeda customer service SUCKS.

I went through this same thing last year when their excuse was I was magically getting upgraded to the V3 version. Took 2 and a half months from order to ship. Adding insult to injury they tried to play the "create a shipping ticket and email the customer a tracking number a week before it's actually shipped" game. When I questioned them, they tried to blame the carrier for inaccurate tracking, and then mysteriously the package origin scan happened that same day.

Oh, and the charge rate on my X and 12 Pro have been very slow.

Would cancel your order and get from someone else if you haven't gotten it yet.

Reactions: Lexdysic
Jeda customer service SUCKS.

I went through this same thing last year when their excuse was I was magically getting upgraded to the V3 version. Took 2 and a half months from order to ship. Adding insult to injury they tried to play the "create a shipping ticket and email the customer a tracking number a week before it's actually shipped" game. When I questioned them, they tried to blame the carrier for inaccurate tracking, and then mysteriously the package origin scan happened that same day.

Oh, and the charge rate on my X and 12 Pro have been very slow.

Would cancel your order and get from someone else if you haven't gotten it yet.

Agreed, I ordered in January and have yet to get anything from Jeda. I did get an email today saying "QC will be next week, shipping end of the month" but that remains to be seen.

I am not in a huge rush, its more of a luxury than a need. I can charge my 12 Pro Max, but have to take the case off of the stock charging pad. If the V4 does not do what it says, I will probably end up velcro-ing a magsafe charger to the charging pad.

It took 5 months for me to get my USB hub from them. They promised a 20% off code and a free spacer as a way of apologizing. Only problem is I never received the 20% off code or the spacer.

Emailed them a couple weeks ago about getting the 20% off code so I could get the new v4 charging pad with MagSafe. I haven't gotten any reply. Silly me. Why would I even trust these crooks again?

Just search for "Jeda" on these forums and you'll see the horror stories from a lot of people. This is NOT a reputable company. They lie constantly. They ignore you. Their products are extremely overpriced and overhyped. Take a look at the Better Business Bureau website and search for Jeda. You'll see they have a ton of complaints.

Buyer beware.

Agreed, I ordered in January and have yet to get anything from Jeda. I did get an email today saying "QC will be next week, shipping end of the month" but that remains to be seen.

I am not in a huge rush, its more of a luxury than a need. I can charge my 12 Pro Max, but have to take the case off of the stock charging pad. If the V4 does not do what it says, I will probably end up velcro-ing a magsafe charger to the charging pad.

I would honestly just cancel your order and buy from someone else. It's not like the product is that magically great. I tried to "honor the source" since they seem to have brought these products to market first. I can understand delays, but be honest about it, don't play the game.

For instance, I ordered two work flashlights back in January. They still haven't shipped, but I know that's because the store I bought them from doesn't have them yet due to global supply issues. But they're being honest, telling me that they just don't have a firm date and updating me when they hear something. I like this store and choose to support them because they're honest.

I would honestly just cancel your order and buy from someone else. It's not like the product is that magically great. I tried to "honor the source" since they seem to have brought these products to market first. I can understand delays, but be honest about it, don't play the game.

For instance, I ordered two work flashlights back in January. They still haven't shipped, but I know that's because the store I bought them from doesn't have them yet due to global supply issues. But they're being honest, telling me that they just don't have a firm date and updating me when they hear something. I like this store and choose to support them because they're honest.
Who else makes a charger like this? I would love to get a better charger than what’s built in - ideally I would love a magsafe just because its faster.

BE CAREFULL WITH THESE SHADDY PIECE OF SHI T GUYS!!
THEY CAN PROCESS AN ORDER BY THE NEXT DAY MAX, BUT THEY WONT RESPOND TO YOUR EMAIL BECAUSE WHY SHOULD THEY??
THEIR MOTO IS F-YOU AND JUST PAY THEM DONT BOTHER THEM WITH EMAILS!!
I ORDERED IN MID MARCH, THEN THEY SAID ITS BEING UPGRADED, THEN IN MID APRIL THEY SAID NO MORE DELAYS AND TO EXPECT SHIPPING SHORTLY.
WERE GOING IN MID MAY AND STILL NOTHING!!!
I EMAILED THEM ABOUT MY MONEY AND THE PRODUCT THATS SUPPOSED TO BE HERE FROM MID APRIL AND NO RESPONSE WHATEVER.
SO I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND DISPUTED THE CHARGE BEFORE 60 DAYS GOES BY.
F U C KING JER KOFF’S PLAYING WITH CUSTOMERS MONEY!!!
WHAT TYPE OF HONEST COMPANIES DOES BUSINESS LIKE THIS????
RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND DONT LOOK BACK!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Needsdecaf
BE CAREFULL WITH THESE SHADDY PIECE OF SHI T GUYS!!
I ORDERED IN MARCH, THEN THEY SAID ITS BEING UPGRADED, THEN IN MID APRIL THEY SAID NO MORE DELAYS AND TO EXPECT SHIPPING SHORTLY.
WERE GOING IN MID MAY AND STILL NOTHING!!!
I EMAILED THEM AND NO RESPONSE WHATEVER.
SO I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND DISPUTED THE CHARGE BEFORE 60 DAYS GOES BY.
F U C KING JER KOFF’S PLAYING WITH CUSTOMERS MONEY!!!
WHAT TYPE OF HONEST COMPANIES DOES BUSINESS LIKE THIS????
RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND DONT LOOK BACK!!!
Based on the litany of posts about their customer service around the hub, why is this a surprise to you?

I got my hub and V4 charger yesterday (ordered in January). The hub is great… perfect fit. The red insert wasn’t affixed straight but I can’t see it behind the door so not concerned. The V4 charger is disappointing however.

1. The fake suede surface is NOT as plush as the one in the new Tesla consoles. It is extremely thin, there is something under one spot (dust or a screw head?) and not entirely smooth across the surface so a problem with the adhesive maybe?
  2. The MagSafe magnets are not as strong as other MagSafe accessories. The phones don’t “snap” into place. You have to fiddle with the phones to find the spot and it isn’t in the same position on both sides. Also, the phones constantly look crooked because they float above the ledge which in the stock pad keeps them aligned.
  3. The pad does not have tabs that secure it under the bottom ledge like the Tesla pad so when you lift a MagSafe phone, the tray lifts with it slightly and then falls back into place
  4. If you don’t use a case, the camera lenses keep the phone from laying flat and after a couple uses, the imprint of the lenses are seen on the surface.
  5. The instructions are from the v3 pad and say to connect the included 2 usb-a cables. However, they also include a single USB-c cable with no explanation. I’m assuming you can connect it to one port and still charge 2 phones?
There are several advantages to the Tesla pad over competitive pads. It is heavy so doesn’t budge. It is easy to wipe clean. And the top third of the surface is recessed to accommodate camera lenses so phones always lay flat.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Durzel and larryj
I got my hub and V4 charger yesterday (ordered in January). The hub is great… perfect fit. The red insert wasn’t affixed straight but I can’t see it behind the door so not concerned. The V4 charger is disappointing however.

1. The fake suede surface is NOT as plush as the one in the new Tesla consoles. It is extremely thin, there is something under one spot (dust or a screw head?) and not entirely smooth across the surface so a problem with the adhesive maybe?
  2. The MagSafe magnets are not as strong as other MagSafe accessories. The phones don’t “snap” into place. You have to fiddle with the phones to find the spot and it isn’t in the same position on both sides. Also, the phones constantly look crooked because they float above the ledge which in the stock pad keeps them aligned.
  3. The pad does not have tabs that secure it under the bottom ledge like the Tesla pad so when you lift a MagSafe phone, the tray lifts with it slightly and then falls back into place
  4. If you don’t use a case, the camera lenses keep the phone from laying flat and after a couple uses, the imprint of the lenses are seen on the surface.
  5. The instructions are from the v3 pad and say to connect the included 2 usb-a cables. However, they also include a single USB-c cable with no explanation. I’m assuming you can connect it to one port and still charge 2 phones?
There are several advantages to the Tesla pad over competitive pads. It is heavy so doesn’t budge. It is easy to wipe clean. And the top third of the surface is recessed to accommodate camera lenses so phones always lay flat.
I just got mine today as well, and can echo everything you have said here.

I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max with a Apple Leather case, and the one redeeming quality of V4 is that it does fit and charge as promised, and the case actually makes the MagSafe part of the pad hold enough but still easy to take off the charger.

Tesla's OEM charger quality is 100x better, but I think I will stick with the V4 charger for now to see how it holds up and for compatibility with my phone set up. That being said, I will not be a returning customer to Jeda.

I got mine today. First impression... Holy crap this feels cheap. The "alcantara" has to be paper thin. I feel like it would rip or get scratched to hell pretty easily. Luckily I won't be touching it much once it's installed.

Hopefully it performs better than it feels.

Who else makes a charger like this? I would love to get a better charger than what’s built in - ideally I would love a magsafe just because its faster.

I can understand the dissatisfaction aimed Jeda's way for their slow fulfillment times. It took four months for my Model 3 in 2020, and five months for my Model Y in 2021. Why did I go back to them? Because the quality of the product is first rate, IMHO - both in fit and appearance. Comments have been made about the alcantara being thinner. That is certainly true, but the charging performance is clearly better. In both cases for me, my iPhones (iPhone 8 in the 3, iPhone 12 in the Y) charge in the case with the Jeda. Not so with the OEM setup. The thinner alcantara may actually have something to do with that. If I owned stock in Jeda, I would be very concerned with their execution. However, as just a mere user, I have to say that I am satisfied with their product performance in my Teslas. My $.02 worth...cheers.

I am on my second v4 pad now and not a happy customer. It works alright with my iPhone 12 but we have two iPhone XS that do not work with the pad. Both phones start charging and then stop after a second. All phones are naked without cases. I wonder if it is the MagSafe magnets that interfere with older phones? Anyway, I would stay away from the v4 pad.