Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda V4 Wireless Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im glad i got my refund after waiting almost three months with the bullshit excuses of a small company and patience.
they are a sorry excuse for a company that sells bottom line chinese *sugar*!!

My v4 pad actually works. The OEM Tesla pad didn't work at all unless I took my case off my phone. This is the second item I've ordered from Jeda and it will be the last. Their delays are ridiculous and both things I ordered were delayed 4+ months.

I tried all the suggestions from Jeda support and none worked. They reached out recently asking how things went and I replied with an update. I still haven't heard anything back. I'm still a believer in their hub... it just works. But the lack of communication, inability to pull up your orders on their site once you place them, and delays will make me look elsewhere moving forward. Personally, I'm not as bothered by the delay itself (especially with covid) than with the lack of updates. If their business model is to take money for a product before it is available, I'm not a fan. Had they taken a deposit or not charged me until it shipped, I'd be less frustrated.

Yes, Jeda communications are poor. I have had the V3 and V4 pads and use them on Samsung phones.
-Charge rate will be about 2/3 of the wired rate. So if you connect a wire from the USB port to your phone port, and get 1000ma, wireless will be about 700ma.
-Older vehicles with USB A ports cannot provide high power to fast charge your phones wirelessly. Newer models with USB C connections help a lot.
-When you measure charge current, if your display is on bright, you won't see high current because your phone is using lots of juice. Try Apps that record charge power when the display is off that you can look back to.

Great... just went on my first long-ish trip with the Jeda hub and after a few hours of driving and a few bumps I start getting the USB device failure message along with intermittent operation of my teslacam device. Reseating the hub seems to resolve the issue. Debating whether its worth going to the trouble of returning the hub. Still working on returning my wireless pads for a refund.

The V4 charging pad is garbage!
The first pad I got only charges on one side. Spacer or no spacer I can't seem to get it to charge correctly.
Also, Magsafe? I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and there is zero sign of my phone sticking to the charging mat.
My wife's iPhone X doesn't charge at all. The placement of the charging coils is so poor.

I contacted support and they sent me a new wireless charger which took almost a month...
The second pad is even worse! I can't get it to charge on either side. Still zero sign of magsafe magnets.

It takes them weeks to respond to emails and their QC on their V4 pad is absolutely horrendous.

If they don't respond back soon I'll try to do a CC chargeback. I've never had to do a chargeback before but this is so frustrating..
Won't be buying from them ever again

Last edited:
I am having the same issues with the v4 pad. Have been waiting 2 months so far on a replacement and Jeda is essentially ghosting me when I try to get any type of response from customer service. Very disappointing.
i do keep getting emails from them about new product offers and sales, but absolutely horrible support on existing orders.

I returned mine (well both technically, they sent a replacement to try and resolve the issue). Completely garbage product. But they did refund me and send me prepaid shipping labels to get the products back.

Reactions: BManCan
Took 2 months to receive my replacement despite having a tracking number the day they promised to "ship it right out". The replacement I received:
  1. Had no magnetism anywhere on the pad.
  2. Clearly had the red back panel removed... something replaced... and hastily glued back down.
  3. Large bulge in the rear under the red pad.
  4. Glue from the "surgery" on the microfiber surface.
Keep in mind, I bought the v3 back in February, told it had shipped with the new hub, and after a month when I inquired, was told I would get the v4 sometime in March. It's almost September and I have no working product and I am ghosted by them... until (coincidence?) I post in this thread and then suddenly a response. I now have two non-working pads and have requested a refund.

Reactions: BManCan
I got my hub and V4 charger yesterday (ordered in January). The hub is great… perfect fit. The red insert wasn’t affixed straight but I can’t see it behind the door so not concerned. The V4 charger is disappointing however.

1. The fake suede surface is NOT as plush as the one in the new Tesla consoles. It is extremely thin, there is something under one spot (dust or a screw head?) and not entirely smooth across the surface so a problem with the adhesive maybe?
  2. The MagSafe magnets are not as strong as other MagSafe accessories. The phones don’t “snap” into place. You have to fiddle with the phones to find the spot and it isn’t in the same position on both sides. Also, the phones constantly look crooked because they float above the ledge which in the stock pad keeps them aligned.
  3. The pad does not have tabs that secure it under the bottom ledge like the Tesla pad so when you lift a MagSafe phone, the tray lifts with it slightly and then falls back into place
  4. If you don’t use a case, the camera lenses keep the phone from laying flat and after a couple uses, the imprint of the lenses are seen on the surface.
  5. The instructions are from the v3 pad and say to connect the included 2 usb-a cables. However, they also include a single USB-c cable with no explanation. I’m assuming you can connect it to one port and still charge 2 phones?
There are several advantages to the Tesla pad over competitive pads. It is heavy so doesn’t budge. It is easy to wipe clean. And the top third of the surface is recessed to accommodate camera lenses so phones always lay flat.
It never occured to me that the camera lens was the reason the top part of the Tesla wireless pad is recessed. Makes sense now that you point it out!

I'm using the OEM Tesla pad, having replaced a Jeda V2 with it when I upgraded the USB ports in my MY20 car to the USB-A/USB-C setup in the late 2020 cars. As you point out the OEM Tesla pad is pretty heavy, almost too heavy - I can't keep the tray it sits on open to reach down below, because it just can't support the weight of the pad, but it does feel like a quality part.

Ordered the v4 pad this past May 11th. Still nothing. Got an email from them a few weeks ago saying it would ship on 9/6. Of course it didn't. No update or explanation since. I'm now leaning towards asking for a refund. Sounds like it's junk anyhow.

I blame myself. I thought I'd give them another chance. Don't walk away from this company....RUN, as fast as you can.

How they stay in business is beyond me. Perhaps I'll get frustrated enough and forward all these incidents to the CA Attorney General's office. This is beyond piss poor customer service, it's outright fraud. And when a shady company behaves this way, it's usually just the tip of an iceberg. I'd guess they are operating well south of the law in many areas.

So I just sent them a request for a refund through their website and came across this:

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 12.29.00 PM.png

Seriously? Blaming Covid for a delay in responding to email? Tells you everything you need to know.

So I just sent them a request for a refund through their website and came across this:

View attachment 707999
Seriously? Blaming Covid for a delay in responding to email? Tells you everything you need to know.
They responded to me 72 hours after I sent a similar request. Took a couple of back and forth emails but they did refund the products I purchased (before I found these forums) that never shipped.

I just purchased a iPhone 13 pro max.
I’m using a UAG case and it won’t charge in my MY on either side. It charges when removed from the case. I’m searching for solutions and I thought the Jeda V4 might be the answer. I’ll keep looking.

View attachment 714523
That is a really thick case. I would expect you to have problems charging on any wireless pad. The back isn’t flat and the distance between the phone and the pad is at least a few mm.