Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda wireless charger and Samsung S20 Ultra not charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a Jeda wireless pad during Black Friday 2019 (awhile back), but I didn't get it in right away, then pandemic issues happened and I ended up separated from my TM3 for about a year, didn't get it installed right away after that, finally got it put in back in March (2022). IDK what "version" of this I have, but it's great that I can charge my iPhones 8 and 13 Pro just fine wired (and wireless for the 13). But my wife went to charge her Samsung 20 Ultra the other day when we went out and not only can't I get it on the wired connection that I installed because of it's size but it doesn't charge wirelessly either. I think we can get it to briefly trigger on the right side if it's in a weird contorted angle that it won't stay at. I've been poking around seeing this is fairly common....despite their site saying these phones are "compatible" with the charger.

So has anyone able to wirelessly charge an S20 Ultra on the Jeda Wireless pad? ...and if so, how?

I have a google pixel 6 pro (not a samsung S20 ultra, but it only works wirelessly on one side of the pad. Frankly, this product is very disappointing, and the purchasing process was also extremely disappointing. If I could have sent it back, I would have, but jeda was non responsive, and I didnt have the energy to fight with them.

I wouldnt buy anything else from them personally, though, and obviously wont recommend this wireless pad. FWIW, it does work on both sides with my iphone, just not my pixel 6 pro.

Yeah, kind of my current feeling. IDC really if the latest one works, this one should work and I refuse to buy the same thing again that should already work for what I need (at least from the same company that sold me the thing that's not working as it should). I bought both that and the USB hub. The USB hub is nice and slick, I'll say that. The wireless pad would be awesome if it worked as expected (and advertised I would add).

Yeah, kind of my current feeling. IDC really if the latest one works, this one should work and I refuse to buy the same thing again that should already work for what I need (at least from the same company that sold me the thing that's not working as it should). I bought both that and the USB hub. The USB hub is nice and slick, I'll say that. The wireless pad would be awesome if it worked as expected (and advertised I would add).

I actually ordered the USB hub, hoping that having their entire solution (USB hub going to their V4 wireless charging pad) might make a difference, and it did not. Still only charges my pixel 4 pro on one side. I am not going to take apart my console to run a cable to the 12v in the console (for a few reasons, but that was not stated as mandatory to get the pad to work on both sides).

I have their USB hub, the console pad, and their wireless charger. The hub and the console pad both work (they just took forever to come in, like a couple months, with no feedback.

I say "I wouldnt buy anything else from jeda" but there really isnt anything else for me to buy, heh, I have their main products. In any case, the only reason I havent tried to replace the wireless pad with another one is, this one fits the phone (barely) and works on one side to charge the pixel. It works on both sides to charge my iphone (which is my work device) and thats the one I use the most, so it is not imperative that I have something that works for the pixel.

It IS why I bought a new wireless pad, though. I had a previous one that worked fine, it just didnt fit the phone.

I say "I wouldnt buy anything else from jeda" but there really isnt anything else for me to buy, heh, I have their main products. In any case, the only reason I havent tried to replace the wireless pad with another one is, this one fits the phone (barely) and works on one side to charge the pixel. It works on both sides to charge my iphone (which is my work device) and thats the one I use the most, so it is not imperative that I have something that works for the pixel.

It IS why I bought a new wireless pad, though. I had a previous one that worked fine, it just didnt fit the phone.
Ugh. Super annoying. I was hoping something might have been figured out by now. Best I've seen elsewhere here is that apparently someone took it apart and put something in to wedge the coils further up into the frame. If I get a bit more free time and ambition, perhaps I'll mess w/ that, otherwise, I guess I'll just be keeping a cable in the car for the wife's phone (annoying).

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin