Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JEDA Wireless Pad - iPhone slips into console well

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! I received and installed a JEDA Wireless Pad. It fits fine, and charges fine. But with this pad installed, the 'lip' on the underside isn't quite high enough to hold the phone in place. After some drive time, and some bumps, my phone always ends up landing in the deep well in the console through the small gap. Is this a "thing"? I read great reviews about the JEDA, but I'm not liking it too much at this point. Am I missing something? My phone is iPhone X, with no case on it.

Like all reviewers on YouTube. they were given free products, and to continue to get free products, they'll overly praise the product.

I have Tesla's verison and I wont bother with aftermarket when it comes to this stuff.
I do know aftermarket companies come up with updates after a while.

I did order the USB hub and v2 just got released is about to come to me mailbox soon

Last edited:
What version did you get? I have one of the original versions, and it does the same thing, but there have been two versions since then, both of which supposedly fix this issue.

I think this is the latest version. I ordered it months ago, and it was delayed. I got a message that they were shipping me a new version. The one I have is for 3 and Y, so it probably can't be too old.

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
Hi! I received and installed a JEDA Wireless Pad. It fits fine, and charges fine. But with this pad installed, the 'lip' on the underside isn't quite high enough to hold the phone in place. After some drive time, and some bumps, my phone always ends up landing in the deep well in the console through the small gap. Is this a "thing"? I read great reviews about the JEDA, but I'm not liking it too much at this point. Am I missing something? My phone is iPhone X, with no case on it.

I received the Jeda wireless charging pad about a month ago. It came with a plastic spacer to attach to the underside of the lip in the car. It raises the lip up so you can feed charging cords through to thw phone, but you should use it even without cords so the phone doesn't fall over the lip when you hit a bump.

I received the Jeda wireless charging pad about a month ago. It came with a plastic spacer to attach to the underside of the lip in the car. It raises the lip up so you can feed charging cords through to thw phone, but you should use it even without cords so the phone doesn't fall over the lip when you hit a bump.

Ah, thanks for mentioning it. It's a very strange piece. I'll give it a shot and see if it helps.

Yeah the spacer should do the trick for you. I installed mine without the spacer at first and thought “This can’t be right; the phone will go flying u der hard acceleration!” Turns out it was indeed not right. Got the spacer installed and all is well now. :D

I found the wireless charger by them to be overrated too, it doesn't work all that well. The spacer is a disaster for me too as I don't have the 90 degree bend. I can give you the spacer as I don't have plans to use it.

I do love their hub though, the wireless pad, no way

I found the wireless charger by them to be overrated too, it doesn't work all that well. The spacer is a disaster for me too as I don't have the 90 degree bend. I can give you the spacer as I don't have plans to use it.

I do love their hub though, the wireless pad, no way

Ok, this took me some time to figure out, but it finally makes sense. Here is the link to the adapter:
Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Spacer for Wired Charging

This comes w/ the v3 wireless charger. It was completely unclear to me how this worked. But you slide the 'lip' peice off the bottom of the charging pad tray. Insert the spacer, then re-install the stock trip piece over the top of the spacer. This is seemingly not documented anywhere? Or perhaps I just missed it? Very strange that there would be no mention of this VERY important step to make their product work correctly. I had to get this from a youtube video posted just today. You can fast forward to about the 9:30 mark to see how this spacer works.

A little late to the conversation. I just received a Jeda wireless pad for my Model 3. The web sifted says it will charge a new iPhone 12 mini. It will charge the phone, but only if I hold it up 20 mm up off the base. Luckily I have a 3-d printer to make a spacer that will hold it securely while raisi g the phone up so the coils line up.

Not quite the same issue as OP, but is anyone having trouble with their wireless pad not charging? I have charging only on the right side of pad, no response from left side or bottom of pad. I have tested different cables, swapped sides, with no luck. I am using an iPhone 11 Pro with NO case.

I have reached out to JEDA with one email response about 3 weeks ago; asked me to try different various trouble shooting steps. I have provided them all my results and they've just ghosted me it seems. Really unhappy at this point with their lack of communication for anything and cant seem to find a way to reach them. Any suggestions?