Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Wireless Pad No Longer Working - 2019.8.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
keep in mind that when you use a splitter, one side of the splitter is for POWER and another is for DATA which could be why only one side is working.

I am using a 5:1 hub actually. Probably should not have said splitter.

What I meant when I said one side is not working is that one of the car’s USB ports is not working, not the splitter. I tested passengers side USB port in the car by directly connecting my phone to the port and it is not providing any power.

I am using a 5:1 hub actually. Probably should not have said splitter.

What I meant when I said one side is not working is that one of the car’s USB ports is not working, not the splitter. I tested passengers side USB port in the car by directly connecting my phone to the port and it is not providing any power.
did you try a hard reset or reboot? my usb was inoperable after the 5.12 firmware but a reboot did the trick. then again, i have known a few people who had to get their usbs completely changed out as they became inoperable

did you try a hard reset or reboot? my usb was inoperable after the 5.12 firmware but a reboot did the trick. then again, i have known a few people who had to get their usbs completely changed out as they became inoperable

Yes reset the car twice to be sure and still was not operating. Which method did you use to restore; holding both steering wheel buttons, holding both buttons + brake, or factory reset from screen?

hey guys, for those interested i did a test with the usb cables that jeda supplied. i opened up the cable and cut the green and white ones which supply data (According to my internet search)

then tested them in the car and this is working perfectly as well. so if you dont want to spend money on new cables, this is an easy and cheap solution.

IMG_4018.JPG
IMG_4018.JPG

I just received this email from Jeda this morning.

Firmware 2019.8.1+ update
Hi XXXXXX,

We have discovered that many of you have experienced problems with the front USB ports of your Tesla Model 3 and the Jeda Wireless Pad after updating your software to the version 2019.8.1 or above.

Our team has conducted extensive testing using the Jeda Wireless Pad and many other accessories that use USB cables. What we have seen is that when those accessories make use of the data wires inside a USB cable, the Tesla Model 3 resets or interrupts the power connection. This happens with many wireless chargers, battery packs and other car accessories.

We haven't received an official response from Tesla to know if this may be a software issue or if the new software limits the front USBs to power only for non-storage connections.

One way or another, the solution is to replace the existing USB cable for a pair of USB cables that are charging only, which means they don't use the data wires. The Jeda Wireless Pad is the only wireless charger that usesindependent USB cables, meaning that to fix this issue, you just need to replace the cables. The Jeda Wireless Pad will charge as fast as it always did and won't lose any power.

All units that haven't been delivered yet will come with the proper charger only cables. So If you are a V1 customer and are planning on upgrading your Jeda Wireless Pad to our 2nd gen during our Member Upgrade you don't need to worry about this. But if you already have your Jeda Wireless Pad and are experiencing this issue, the following are good and fast solutions to fix this issue. (Member Upgrade Program coming in April)

2ft USB cable from Mycablemart.com. Buy now $0.75

3ft USB cable from Mycablemart.com. Buy now $1

Portapower Charge Only Usb Cable from Amazon Buy now $12

Portapower Data Blocker USB connector from Amazon Buy now for $12 (not tested)

Some customers have also reported to us that using a USB hub or USB splitter fixes this issue. Although we can not guarantee that any USB splitter or USB hub will help, it is likely that the data connection is interrupted by those intermediate devices, delivering power only to the Jeda Wireless Pad.

- The Jeda team

Note: We have no affiliation nor take any benefit from Mycablemart.com, or Amazon, or any links mentioned in this email. We offer their services as a solution to help customers who are experiencing the mentioned issue.

• Informative
Reactions: Common_Loon
I just received this email from Jeda this morning.

Firmware 2019.8.1+ update
Hi XXXXXX,

We have discovered that many of you have experienced problems with the front USB ports of your Tesla Model 3 and the Jeda Wireless Pad after updating your software to the version 2019.8.1 or above.

Our team has conducted extensive testing using the Jeda Wireless Pad and many other accessories that use USB cables. What we have seen is that when those accessories make use of the data wires inside a USB cable, the Tesla Model 3 resets or interrupts the power connection. This happens with many wireless chargers, battery packs and other car accessories.

We haven't received an official response from Tesla to know if this may be a software issue or if the new software limits the front USBs to power only for non-storage connections.

One way or another, the solution is to replace the existing USB cable for a pair of USB cables that are charging only, which means they don't use the data wires. The Jeda Wireless Pad is the only wireless charger that usesindependent USB cables, meaning that to fix this issue, you just need to replace the cables. The Jeda Wireless Pad will charge as fast as it always did and won't lose any power.

All units that haven't been delivered yet will come with the proper charger only cables. So If you are a V1 customer and are planning on upgrading your Jeda Wireless Pad to our 2nd gen during our Member Upgrade you don't need to worry about this. But if you already have your Jeda Wireless Pad and are experiencing this issue, the following are good and fast solutions to fix this issue. (Member Upgrade Program coming in April)

2ft USB cable from Mycablemart.com. Buy now $0.75

3ft USB cable from Mycablemart.com. Buy now $1

Portapower Charge Only Usb Cable from Amazon Buy now $12

Portapower Data Blocker USB connector from Amazon Buy now for $12 (not tested)

Some customers have also reported to us that using a USB hub or USB splitter fixes this issue. Although we can not guarantee that any USB splitter or USB hub will help, it is likely that the data connection is interrupted by those intermediate devices, delivering power only to the Jeda Wireless Pad.

- The Jeda team

Note: We have no affiliation nor take any benefit from Mycablemart.com, or Amazon, or any links mentioned in this email. We offer their services as a solution to help customers who are experiencing the mentioned issue.

heh they used the ones i recommended to them! cool.

No need to cut up USB cables. A much simpler fix is to cover the data leads with a piece of tape as shown here.

I have a USB splitter like this one (with one data+power cable and one power-only), and was able to get both QI pads working again by plugging the taped-up splitter in the left USB and my SD card in the right USB.

Will try the tape method tomorrow! Thanks for the suggestion. Will report back.

No need to cut up USB cables. A much simpler fix is to cover the data leads with a piece of tape as shown here.

I have a USB splitter like this one (with one data+power cable and one power-only), and was able to get both QI pads working again by plugging the taped-up splitter in the left USB and my SD card in the right USB.

Tried it on 2 Jeda supplied cables and electrical tape and worked perfectly. Was going to skip it when it called "tape", "sticky tape" but decided to give it a try anyway ;)