Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeepin' ..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always wanted to build one like this, my plan was to bolt the motor right to the transfer case and call it a day. I don't believe however that the gearing would be nearly low enough.

The costs are just crazy too. You can get a used 350 block, and all the parts you'd need for 1/2 or less than to go electric. Maybe someday electric parts will be cheaper... once there is a 'used' parts market.

I always wanted to build one like this, my plan was to bolt the motor right to the transfer case and call it a day. I don't believe however that the gearing would be nearly low enough.

The costs are just crazy too. You can get a used 350 block, and all the parts you'd need for 1/2 or less than to go electric. Maybe someday electric parts will be cheaper... once there is a 'used' parts market.
Go for it man! I wouldn't even dare myself. But yeah I would imagine it would be an expensive project. But you would be the highlight of every electric car meet up!