Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeff Dahn at UBC: Lithium Battery History and Additives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Thanks to Warren Redlich for finding. his YouTube Channel:
Warren Redlich

Jeff Dahn spoke at the University of British Columbia on February 24, 2020. He provided an extensive history of rechargeable batteries and in particular the development of Lithium Ion batteries, including the latest developments.
Ahead of Battery Day, Tesla battery researcher Jeff Dahn explained the latest in Lithium-Ion battery research in a February talk at the University of British Columbia. He explained how the latest chemistries are yielding 8000 cycles which works out to 3.2 million miles on a 400 mile battery pack.
Because this was at a government university, it is inherently public information and I contend it is not copyrightable. Further I have substantially transformed the work by carefully editing out the vast majority of the original video, along with other edits, so this is fair use.

I'm digging the vaguely Mystery Science Theatre vibe.
1200x900_mst_pl.jpg

I have to say, though, that last 15 seconds about the differing rates of commercialization b/w North America and China was sobering. :eek: