Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeff round Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This Plugshare comment might be of interest:

Byron.png

I then caught up with a truly amazing guy (Jeff Johnson) who is also driving an electric car across Australia, except he's doing it in a ~130km range Nissan Leaf - and he's doing it for charity.
View attachment 175828
Truly an inspiring guy, and I wish him the best of luck for his journey across the Nullarbor.

Jeff is an amazing guy. He has walked across the country both NS and EW for charities, and his Leaf journey is for charity too.
Only just found out today about Jeff's delay in Perth (he is helping a mate of course.

Nullarbor conqueror Jeff Johnson going round Australia clockwise in a Nissan Leaf - paused in Perth for some months so this is our crossover point.
View attachment 193889
And this is the book about his N-S crossing on foot (not sure if there is a book about his E-W crossing)
View attachment 193890
Yes that is a solar panel around his neck!
"Do it ! But only if it is fun" is Jeff's motto.

And a final post to wrap up this happy story ...

Back home to NETS after much awareness raising and encouraging of donations !

Did you know that Jeff's East-West walk across Australia was for NETS and he raised $80K which was enough for an ambulance (excl fitout) !

20161122_114457.jpg

Have a look. The Leaf's inverter is designed to look like an engine block!

20161122_115134.jpg

Jeff is the one with the red and black T shirt.

NETS is a great organisation - really a children's intensive care unit without walls spanning the whole state and at times the world ! 4 ambulances, 2 helicopters, heaps of AC and DC charging equipment to connect to mains, military, civilian, aviation and foreign power sources. A super dedicated team. I see why Jeff was so committed !

• Love
Reactions: Blue heaven