TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

"Jeopardy!" thinks Ashlee Vance is female

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BluestarE3, Mar 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

#1 BluestarE3, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Today's (3/20/2017) "Jeopardy!" had the following clue:
    My jaw dropped when Alex read the revealed clue. Of course, the correct question is "Who is Elon Musk?"; however, Ashlee Vance is a "her"? :)

Vance took to Twitter to express his dismay at being emasculated: Ashlee Vance on Twitter

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. Hammer@OR.US

When that clue came up I looked at my wife with a puzzled look on my face, she shot back a surprised look at me of "what, of course you know this". I said no, no that, HER?

3. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

I was hoping Alex would offer a correction today, but no there was no mention.

4. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

#FirstWorldProblem

5. cpa

cpa Active Member

Generally, game shows are taped five shows per day for a week. Those twenty-five shows are then aired six to twelve weeks after taping. So, the show that aired the next day on television was taped immediately after the one with the erroneous answer. Likely the producers were unaware of their mistake until the show aired, and they received some mail.

I would be curious to find out if an apology from Alex Trebek is forthcoming once the mistake is known.

6. GregRF

GregRF Squirrel Power

To be fair, I read the book (kindle version) and didn't know Ashlee was a guy until I read this post.

7. EldestOyster

EldestOyster Member

I wonder if this is the only mistake that's ever been made on the show. Meaning, if they were in the retraction business, we would probably already know how it's handled.