Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm driving down from New England to drop people off for a long international flight and would like to park my Model S and charge here while taking them into the terminal. Is that possible? Airport shuttle, taxi, Uber?
I do not think that the airport buses go near there and while you could try to get an uber they may not want that short ride when they are by the airport. there is a light rail station, it is a bit of a walk, about a mile. look at a map and the light rail station is adjacent to the avis rent a car, it is not the most pedestrian friendly place so be careful while walking.

You can use an uber. I have gone there a few times. It is a medium to high use SC site and there are a lot of cabs that park in that area waiting for fares. It is also the tightest SC to maneuver in and out of I have seen. I would have a concern that my car might be hit by a cab or other Tesla maneuvering into a tight spot while you are gone.

That really sucks! Have you called Tesla to make sure they know about this and they have a repair ticket on it?.--Peter

I did not. I called them a few weeks ago, from Tallahassee, while on a long road trip. I reported each and every charger that was running reduced and they confirmed each and every one. It is clear to me that fixing these is just not a priority to them. I could upgrade my car at this point but I am in a "wait and see" mode. I will hold on to mine for a couple more years and if the supercharger network does not keep up, it is a deal breaker for me.

Recently moved to LI and was temporarily living in a rental house with no outlet outside at all. Thus, occasional supercharging was my only decent option. I noticed a few things. I’m not saying they are absolute truths, just my experience:
1) site is pretty busy and compounded by only having 4 stalls. Seems to be less busy during the middle of the day - people are at work I guess. Tried to go at like 10PM a few times and had multi car waits.
2) I met a few occasional local users and they had reasons like “it gives me some quiet time to myself.” Fair enough.
3) site does seem to get updated pretty often. I’m wondering if maybe that’s because it’s so busy that they are frequently having to perform maintenance.

Recently moved to LI and was temporarily living in a rental house with no outlet outside at all. Thus, occasional supercharging was my only decent option. I noticed a few things. I’m not saying they are absolute truths, just my experience:
1) site is pretty busy and compounded by only having 4 stalls. Seems to be less busy during the middle of the day - people are at work I guess. Tried to go at like 10PM a few times and had multi car waits.
2) I met a few occasional local users and they had reasons like “it gives me some quiet time to myself.” Fair enough.
3) site does seem to get updated pretty often. I’m wondering if maybe that’s because it’s so busy that they are frequently having to perform maintenance.

Ahhhh,Long Island. JFK, Brooklyn or Syosset. (Unless you want to drive out to the Hamptons) Never been to the Brooklyn Supercharger but Syosset also suffers from only 4 stalls. Add to it the serviced cars being charged and I feel like i'm looking for a charger in California :)