Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jiggling noise coming from front central part of car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the last few months I’ve noticed a mechanical sort of “jiggling” noise with my 2020 LR MY. It’s coming from the front of the car, below the dashboard, down low — kinda by the pedal box. It’s not loud and it’s easily obscured by music playing on the sound system, but if the car is otherwise quiet, it’s fairly noticeable.

It doesn’t happen at a standstill, but it starts to jiggle/rattle once I get up around 30-40mph. I thought maybe it had something to do with temperatures of the car, but we’ve had a couple really warm days lately and even with the car parked out in the sun for a good part of the afternoon didn’t lessen the occurrence of the sound.

It’s not a grinding, it’s not a ratcheting; it definitely sounds mechanical but it’s more of a gentle jiggle… almost like the sound of a mini fridge’s compressor jiggling around if you shake a mini fridge? It’s also difficult to get a recording of, but I’ll keep trying.

Has anybody else experienced this? Is it urgent to take into service?

Over the last few months I’ve noticed a mechanical sort of “jiggling” noise with my 2020 LR MY. It’s coming from the front of the car, below the dashboard, down low — kinda by the pedal box. It’s not loud and it’s easily obscured by music playing on the sound system, but if the car is otherwise quiet, it’s fairly noticeable.

It doesn’t happen at a standstill, but it starts to jiggle/rattle once I get up around 30-40mph. I thought maybe it had something to do with temperatures of the car, but we’ve had a couple really warm days lately and even with the car parked out in the sun for a good part of the afternoon didn’t lessen the occurrence of the sound.

It’s not a grinding, it’s not a ratcheting; it definitely sounds mechanical but it’s more of a gentle jiggle… almost like the sound of a mini fridge’s compressor jiggling around if you shake a mini fridge? It’s also difficult to get a recording of, but I’ll keep trying.

Has anybody else experienced this? Is it urgent to take into service?
Hi, I think I have the same noise, it seems to go away when the car is cold, The buzzing/jiggle noise comes back when the interior heats up
Did you ever figure it out