Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jim Cramer from Mad Money says we are a cult

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
> After his disastrous recommendations leading up to the stock market tanking a few years ago [dsm363]

??

In Oct 2008 he said to gather '5 years worth of cash'. He called the bottom during late Feb & March: Buy, buy, buy for this 'generational bottom'. Both proven to be excellent advice.

Guess you weren't watching or listening.
--

> After his disastrous recommendations leading up to the stock market tanking a few years ago [dsm363]

??

In Oct 2008 he said to gather '5 years worth of cash'. He called the bottom during late Feb & March: Buy, buy, by for this 'generational bottom'. Both proven to be excellent advice.

--

Bear Stearns: Jim Cramer Bear Stearns - YouTube

??

In Oct 2008 he said to gather '5 years worth of cash'. He called the bottom during late Feb & March: Buy, buy, buy for this 'generational bottom'. Both proven to be excellent advice.

--

You are right that I don't watch his show often.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/achenblog/2008/10/when_did_recession_begin.html

Didn't Lehman brothers collapse one month before his Oct. 2008 advice? Telling people to be conservative after the market has started to tank seems prudent.

Funny how, as a country, we seem to be fascinated by those that have proven themselves less than useful. Like Palin, Beck and the like, Cramer is simply a showman making a living ENTERTAINING people. If you see entertainment as solid financial advice then you should hope natural selection is not real.

Funny how, as a country, we seem to be fascinated by those that have proven themselves less than useful. Like Palin, Beck and the like, Cramer is simply a showman making a living ENTERTAINING people. If you see entertainment as solid financial advice then you should hope natural selection is not real.

Have I been missing something by never having owned a television in my life? Inquiring minds would like to know....

haha! if that's the case, i better change my speech around a little bit. it's going to be fun. can't wait to meet everyone! View attachment 25361

Thanks for your leadership, Leilani!

Speaking of cults, how do you find other race car drivers respond to your EV activism? Are there other EV admirers in the race car driver ranks, albeit more "in the closet?"

Are you thinking about trying out for Formula-e?

Thanks for your leadership, Leilani!

Speaking of cults, how do you find other race car drivers respond to your EV activism? Are there other EV admirers in the race car driver ranks, albeit more "in the closet?"

Are you thinking about trying out for Formula-e?

Thanks Vger! I only know of one other race driver that is a Tesla fan and that is Brad Keselowski, he has a blue roadster but I have never seen him speak about it or post about it so perhaps he is keeping it on the down low, since his team owner is Roger Penske and owns many car dealerships. Just a guess, I have not spoken to Brad about it so don't quote me on this. ;) For the most part, drivers do not speak up about issues that could be controversial. For example, I could not get anyone from racing to come to the BP Gulf oil spill with me. The reason being, they don't want to piss off possible sponsors. If they had come with me to the oil spill, it would be hard to later go on to drive the Mobil, Exxon, Shell, BP race car, right? Clean coal actually sponsors Dale Jr's NASCAR team. So you will find that most drivers remain very conservative and get behind causes that won't piss anyone off like childrens hospitals, cancer or other types of medical research.

I would LOVE to race Formula-e, let me know if you know of anyone who wants to sponsor me in one. That would be the perfect series for me, but racing is not a cheap sport! Even on my level, ARCA, which is a level below NASCAR Nationwide and two below NASCAR Sprint Cup, I would need to raise around $1.4 million in sponsorship for a full season. To run just the ten televised ARCA races, about $750,000. Superspeedway races like Daytona and Talladega are $100,000 each. By all means, if you think of any companies or people interested in taking a certain female racer to Formula-e, I am all ears :)

So people partaking (stock and otherwise) of a company that makes a product rated 99% perfect by consumer reports are a cult?
What does that make those partaking in a TV show based around the personality of a single man... Kult on steroids

Thanks Vger! I only know of one other race driver that is a Tesla fan and that is Brad Keselowski, he has a blue roadster but I have never seen him speak about it or post about it so perhaps he is keeping it on the down low, since his team owner is Roger Penske and owns many car dealerships. Just a guess, I have not spoken to Brad about it so don't quote me on this. ;) For the most part, drivers do not speak up about issues that could be controversial. For example, I could not get anyone from racing to come to the BP Gulf oil spill with me. The reason being, they don't want to piss off possible sponsors. If they had come with me to the oil spill, it would be hard to later go on to drive the Mobil, Exxon, Shell, BP race car, right? Clean coal actually sponsors Dale Jr's NASCAR team. So you will find that most drivers remain very conservative and get behind causes that won't piss anyone off like childrens hospitals, cancer or other types of medical research.

I would LOVE to race Formula-e, let me know if you know of anyone who wants to sponsor me in one. That would be the perfect series for me, but racing is not a cheap sport! Even on my level, ARCA, which is a level below NASCAR Nationwide and two below NASCAR Sprint Cup, I would need to raise around $1.4 million in sponsorship for a full season. To run just the ten televised ARCA races, about $750,000. Superspeedway races like Daytona and Talladega are $100,000 each. By all means, if you think of any companies or people interested in taking a certain female racer to Formula-e, I am all ears :)

I would donate 1 share of TSLA for a TMC sponsorship. If we could get 10,000 investors to do the same, the publicity might move the share price up a little more and we'd all win.

Since you are such a big Tesla fan, maybe it would make sense to approach Tesla purveyors such as Alcoa, Panasonic, Solar City, ect. and see if they would be interested in sponsoring your team.

Dpn't forget that Daimler and Toyota will be pushing their EVs using Tesla drive trains soon. Maybe they would like the synergy of working with you and promoting the EV lifestyle.

A true race that included a Tesla EV would be an interesting bit of PR. Imagine a car geared differently for higher top end. You would probably need advisory support from Tesla to ensure you were beefed up in various ways to allow sustained high speed (e.g. thermal management, battery, etc.). And you would need a portable version of the battery swap tech, so you could move it from track to track over the season.

If you could even provide credible competition, there would be millions of attentive eyeballs. And endless press stories about the advantages/disadvantages of EV over ICE cars.

I would donate 1 share of TSLA for a TMC sponsorship. If we could get 10,000 investors to do the same, the publicity might move the share price up a little more and we'd all win.
When Tesla starts talking about dividends, it would be interesting to find out when dividends from TSLA shares becomes a viable approach to funding the TMC servers.

When Tesla starts talking about dividends, it would be interesting to find out when dividends from TSLA shares becomes a viable approach to funding the TMC servers.

You could get the same effect, though, by simply selling 2% or so of your shares every year. The financial effect is identical as that of a dividend, absent trading costs and tax regulations.