Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jim Cramer from Mad Money says we are a cult

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... and when the best example of a cult stock turned good is RIM....well, enough said.

RIM was a good stock for a lot of people, and probably just as many lost money. That's how it goes with all stocks...at some point people make money, at other points people lose money. Companies run in cycles (and so do stocks (eventually) based on those cycles), even APPL isn't immune or long standing companies like GM or Ford. When things go right and management is on the ball, companies flourish. Inevitably things change, people get hired and fired and retire, policy changes, products change, mistakes are made, people get greedy, the economy tanks and companies suffer. Whether a company lives or dies depends on the people involved and there's a direct relationship to their stocks, even for 'cult stocks', imo.

Yeah, whatever.

As long as you don't all sit around TESLIVE de-veining spiders.

THAT oughta cause a bit o' head-scratching:rolleyes:

Shouldn't over examine Jim Cramer or his word "Cult". Cult simply means followers of an idea/principle. Apple was and continues to be a cult company. We all have friends who will buy NOTHING but Apple products in that product segment. But when Cramer says Tesla is the "Ultimate Cult Company/Stock" I think he is right. We are onto something bigger than Apple here. Revenue wise the global car industry is much bigger than the phone industry, only smaller than the housing industry. Lots of fun ahead.

I agree with convert2013, and I agree with Cramer. The risk, in my mind, of a cult stock/company is when they appeal only to the cult and rationalize being losers. Apple is getting clobbered by Samsung and they refuse to compete down market. Apple is leaving the low margin / high volume dollars on the table. And they rationalize it with loser talk like "We're not trying to sell the most phones, we're trying to make the best one."

Fortunately Elon Musk recently said he is not concerned with the effects on the Tesla brand by going down market. If Tesla is considered a cult stock/company when they release a mainstream product... then I would be concerned about the label. Until then, it's positive imo.