TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Jim Cramer test drive on CNBC May 31st, 2013

Discussion in 'News' started by Slackjaw, May 31, 2013.

1. Slackjaw

Slackjaw Member

Kramer is fond of hyperbole but has only been on air for a few minutes so far, already has said "Driving a Tesla has change my life!" and "The Beamer is a joke compared to the Tesla!". I might have got the precise wording wrong that's the spirit of it. More great publicity for Tesla. And Elon will be on later this morning.

2. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

Not to be a jerk, but Cramer is spelled with a "C".

3. twinklejet

twinklejet Member

They just showed his drive :) Cool...

4. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

6. ggies07

ggies07 Active Member

10:38 am: In 3-5 years the company expects to come out with a model that is half the price of the Model S

Seems like he gave himself an extra year. Maybe because of the type of audience? hahaha.

7. zeron

zeron Member

So we have electric cars that go 300 miles, but call-in interviews still sound like the original Graham Bell telephone.

8. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Cell phones are a marvel, but the voice networks are, ah, sub-optimal, shall we say?

OTOH, long distance telephony is essentially a marginal cost these days, where even thirty years ago it was expensive. And I remember reading in Lindbergh's autobiography where he used the cachet of a long distance call, booked in advance at great expense and operator-initiated on a schedule, to convince a group of potential backers in St Louis of his seriousness.

9. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Thread title fixed.

kramer036.jpg

10. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Funny how Cramer has now jumped on the bandwagon.

11. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

Seinfeld 2013 - Kramer drives past the Supercharger on his Model S test drive, sees how far he can go on the 10 mile rated range.

12. Kojab8890

Kojab8890 New Member

I love that the ad that came before the video was the Siemens ad on SpaceX! Two awesome ads about two great companies in the span of a 4 minute video?

What's not to love?

13. TonyWilliams

TonyWilliams Active Member

I heard 3-4 years.

14. ggies07

ggies07 Active Member

Yeah, thats what I've seen around here and in his interviews, but in this one he added an extra year.

15. gjamrok

gjamrok Junior Member

Does anyone know the name of the place he drives to in the video? It looks like a Bed and Breakfast that has a "Tesla Model-S Only" parking sign.

16. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

Debary Inn Cramer is part-owner. They installed the charger at a Tesla owner's request.

17. gjamrok

gjamrok Junior Member

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

18. Slackjaw

Slackjaw Member

Thanks for the correction! Also to Doug for fixing the thread title. I think I was really wishing it was the Kramer from Seinfeld, followed next episode by a test drive by the Soup Nazi. In fact it was Jim Cramer followed by Tyler Mathisen. What we really need is Brian Sullivan to drive the Model S and then buy one, and stop his half-hearted anti-Tesla posturing.

19. callmesam

callmesam Member

Cramer is a weasle-mouthed charlatan.

A monkey could pick stocks better than him.

With that said, he gets credit for admitting that the ride was unreal.

The fact that he doesn't endorse Tesla tells me that there are a lot more "shorts" that need to be shaken out.

20. Soflason

Soflason Member

Indeed, Tesla was all over CNBC the other morning, it was amazing - like a three hour commercial.

Cramer, although controversial and disliked by many, does pull big ratings on the network - so his clear endorsement is helpful to Tesla (the car). Just wish he would get behind TSLA (the stock) - he's sorta recommending it, often comparing it to Amazon.

And, this kind of all-morning-long CNBC coverage is really priceless. Elon then did a lengthy interview calling in on his cell phone -- my only complaint here: he really needs to (at least) skype... you have to video conference for these opportunities, it's just far more professional. He's done this on Bloomberg too and then his cell service gets choppy, he sometimes stutters, and his accent makes it all kind of hard for viewers to understand him. It's critical his PR team schedules him for video conferencing, a much better way to go.

Elon's interview was followed by Bob Lutz (the only disappointing segment), frustrating on many, many levels -- lots of backhanded compliments to Elon and Tesla:
    Electric Car Future Lutz Says

But, when Tyler Mathisen test drives the car, and says: "I love this car, I give it an A+" as Phil Lebeau continues to praise the car throughout the majority of the whole segment, I was really impressed:
    Tys Tesla Test Hits Unexpected Bump - CNBC

Cramer and Mathisen were both obviously sporting the Tesla smile for their test drives :biggrin: