Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jim Cramer test drive on CNBC May 31st, 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kramer is fond of hyperbole but has only been on air for a few minutes so far, already has said "Driving a Tesla has change my life!" and "The Beamer is a joke compared to the Tesla!". I might have got the precise wording wrong that's the spirit of it. More great publicity for Tesla. And Elon will be on later this morning.

10:38 am: In 3-5 years the company expects to come out with a model that is half the price of the Model S

Seems like he gave himself an extra year. Maybe because of the type of audience? hahaha.

Cell phones are a marvel, but the voice networks are, ah, sub-optimal, shall we say?

OTOH, long distance telephony is essentially a marginal cost these days, where even thirty years ago it was expensive. And I remember reading in Lindbergh's autobiography where he used the cachet of a long distance call, booked in advance at great expense and operator-initiated on a schedule, to convince a group of potential backers in St Louis of his seriousness.

Not to be a jerk, but Cramer is spelled with a "C".
Thread title fixed.

kramer036.jpg

Not to be a jerk, but Cramer is spelled with a "C".

Thanks for the correction! Also to Doug for fixing the thread title. I think I was really wishing it was the Kramer from Seinfeld, followed next episode by a test drive by the Soup Nazi. In fact it was Jim Cramer followed by Tyler Mathisen. What we really need is Brian Sullivan to drive the Model S and then buy one, and stop his half-hearted anti-Tesla posturing.

Cramer is a weasle-mouthed charlatan.

A monkey could pick stocks better than him.

With that said, he gets credit for admitting that the ride was unreal.

The fact that he doesn't endorse Tesla tells me that there are a lot more "shorts" that need to be shaken out.

In fact it was Jim Cramer followed by Tyler Mathisen.

Indeed, Tesla was all over CNBC the other morning, it was amazing - like a three hour commercial.

Cramer, although controversial and disliked by many, does pull big ratings on the network - so his clear endorsement is helpful to Tesla (the car). Just wish he would get behind TSLA (the stock) - he's sorta recommending it, often comparing it to Amazon.

And, this kind of all-morning-long CNBC coverage is really priceless. Elon then did a lengthy interview calling in on his cell phone -- my only complaint here: he really needs to (at least) skype... you have to video conference for these opportunities, it's just far more professional. He's done this on Bloomberg too and then his cell service gets choppy, he sometimes stutters, and his accent makes it all kind of hard for viewers to understand him. It's critical his PR team schedules him for video conferencing, a much better way to go.

Elon's interview was followed by Bob Lutz (the only disappointing segment), frustrating on many, many levels -- lots of backhanded compliments to Elon and Tesla:
Electric Car Future Lutz Says

But, when Tyler Mathisen test drives the car, and says: "I love this car, I give it an A+" as Phil Lebeau continues to praise the car throughout the majority of the whole segment, I was really impressed:
Tys Tesla Test Hits Unexpected Bump - CNBC

Cramer and Mathisen were both obviously sporting the Tesla smile for their test drives :biggrin: