Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jim Motavalli really likes the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's news in this statement attributed to Khobi Brooklyn of Tesla:
But the company’s fourth, “mass market” car (one of two new vehicles in the works) is coming in 18 months to two years. It’s expected to be a compact electric, the Prius C to the big Prius, and maybe slot in around $30 to $40,000.
  • What does "coming" mean? (Sorry, no reference to Bill Clinton intended) Commercial production or reveal?
  • What's the other "one of two new vehicles in the works"? S convertible?

But the company’s fourth, “mass market” car (one of two new vehicles in the works) is coming in 18 months to two years. It’s expected to be a compact electric, the Prius C to the big Prius, and maybe slot in around $30 to $40,000.

It's an odd wording. I wonder if Jim is just being clever or is he trying to imply more than he knows?

Aren't the Prius called Gen I, II, and III?

There's news in this statement attributed to Khobi Brooklyn of Tesla:

• What does "coming" mean? (Sorry, no reference to Bill Clinton intended) Commercial production or reveal?
  • What's the other "one of two new vehicles in the works"? S convertible?

I'm guessing reveal when you consider the Model X starts DELIVERIES in 18 months(ish). Also guessing you may be right on the convertible.

It's an odd wording. I wonder if Jim is just being clever or is he trying to imply more than he knows?
Aren't the Prius called Gen I, II, and III?
Yes, for the hatchback version.
But they have a new "Prius C" (city/compact) coming soon:
toyota-2011-01-11-600-14.jpg

One analyst asked me today, “Where are all the green car commercials?” That’s certainly one way to get the hype meter into the red, but Tesla, operating on a shoestring budget, does it with smoke and mirrors. How many commercials is the cover of Road & Track worth?

I'm sorry if I am asking a silly question but can someone explain to me what Jim Motavalli means by this. In particular the reference to Road & Track.
I am confused.