Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Joe Mode Still Way too loud?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you talking about alerts, like crash warnings or the lane assist features? If so they are not affected by Joe mode since they are security warnings. The blinkers have a much softer click sound in Joe mode, that sort of thing.
Yes, especially the lane departure is way too loud. I live in an area with many narrow 2 lane roads so I tend to drive near the right road line. Still on the road but the tire close to the line and the car does NOT like that.

I’d like the AP chimes to be quieter. I’d like the turn signals to be louder. I’ve had a couple occasions where I’ve been that guy driving down the highway oblivious to the fact one of his blinkers is on... :oops:

Tesla should do this: Make the chime super quiet after the first second... that way I can listen to my music better sitting at a turn signal light... but after 30 seconds make the chime loud again for 2 chimes... back to quiet. Gives us all a reminder, but not that constant noise that will drive you mad when sitting still for 3 minutes waiting to get that turn signal. Yeah... I do just turn my signal off when sitting still but I have this fear that one day it's going to cause some nut on the other side to run into me because they don't know I'm turning.

Yes, especially the lane departure is way too loud. I live in an area with many narrow 2 lane roads so I tend to drive near the right road line. Still on the road but the tire close to the line and the car does NOT like that.

I have the biggest problem with the lane departure warning right after I switch off auto-steer on purpose. In the next 30 seconds if I get near the center line that thing will scream bloody murder. My oldest kid has PTSD from it I swear :p but I get it, one day it's going to save my neck.

Reactions: dhrivnak
joe mode does nearly nothing. I wish it weren't so. but it reduces the volume by what sounds like a single point, which is v dumb. I want my chimes to be MUCH quieter and stop interrupting my music, but I don't want them completely turned off either. *le sigh*

Reactions: ph0ton
I’d like the AP chimes to be quieter. I’d like the turn signals to be louder. I’ve had a couple occasions where I’ve been that guy driving down the highway oblivious to the fact one of his blinkers is on... :oops:
Yeah that's me too...too many cases where either it's still on and I don't know, or I thought I put it on but apparently didn't push it quite hard enough.