Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Joe Rogan vs MCU1/HW3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure similar is mentioned in the 500 page MCU1 post, but curious who else sees this.

2017 S HW3 MCU1, following HW3 upgrade if autopilot is on and I play a Joe Rogan podcast via TuneIn about a minute in I get warnings that autopilot is unavailable flashing, media stops playing andscreen freezes. If I have the rear camera on display also it reboots on its own.

Im guessing it is due to the file size of a 2 hour podcast not actually Joe Rogan, but I have had 3 software updates and it persists.

the HW3 upgrade has actually made my car worse...

Reactions: viper2ko
most likely the combo of all the above is overwhelming the MCU1.
Do you have a USB plugged in/dashcam/sentry enabled? If yes, try removing the USB, rebooting the MCU, and repeat your testing. Let us know the results.

Verified without Sentry drive, fresh reboot, backup cam on, enable AP, Turn on Joe Rogan, a minute in and screen black with backup cam still on, 2 minutes full shut down reboot. Can pretty much do it on demand. Just takes a bit longer and less warnings when thumb drive is removed.

Attachments

• 032C8E4D-1EF7-415A-897A-4D60DAE25818.jpeg
    032C8E4D-1EF7-415A-897A-4D60DAE25818.jpeg
    658.5 KB · Views: 69
Verified without Sentry drive, fresh reboot, backup cam on, enable AP, Turn on Joe Rogan, a minute in and screen black with backup cam still on, 2 minutes full shut down reboot. Can pretty much do it on demand. Just takes a bit longer and less warnings when thumb drive is removed.

That's never happened to me. For me the entire screen will stop responding but not go black. After a few minutes it will go black and reboot itself