Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

John Smith (1946-2012)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had thought that John Smith , one of our Florida members, was away on vacation but it was with great sadness that we received news that John passed away suddenly in an accident several weeks back. John was known here as johns258 and relatively new to the forum. He was as enthusiastic as anyone and excitedly looking forward to taking delivery of his Model S Signature. Just the day before he died John was posting pictures of his visit to the D.C. store.

Larry wrote a few words about John: John was one of those guys that after you meet him he feels like a lifelong friend. He was a snowbird with a house in Sanibel Island. Before leaving to go North he made a point of contacting me so we could get to know one another. Mary Ellen and I met him and his wife Elisabeth at Marina Jacks in March. Then having only met us once briefly he invited us to share his friends and family for an Easter get together, even though I'm Jewish. He was that type of guy. We continued to exchange emails on a regular basis and the last one I received was a couple of photos of the DC Tesla store. That email was sent the day before his fatal accident.

All of us who met John will miss him. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife and family today.

http://sanibel-captiva-islander.com - John-Louis-Smith

519359_1.jpg