Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Joined the locked out of car club (model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my phone was at 18% then I went out of car to use a charge point which wouldn’t connect and the phone went dead which was in the car along with my key card. .i wondered why the charge port wouldn’t open then realised all doors were locked.i was stood in the rain with no shelter whatsoever.
Long story short borrowed a phone and got wife to remotely open the car.
I can’t believe this happened to me but it did.

my phone was at 18% then I went out of car to use a charge point which wouldn’t connect and the phone went dead which was in the car along with my key card. .i wondered why the charge port wouldn’t open then realised all doors were locked.i was stood in the rain with no shelter whatsoever.
Long story short borrowed a phone and got wife to remotely open the car.
I can’t believe this happened to me but it did.

I assume your phone isn't an iPhone as that used to happen to me on Samsung phones
Here are a couple of things to consider for the future
-I use a wireless charger so phone is always charging when in place
-Keep keycard in wallet, in pocket
-Use teslafi so in a rare situation you could login and unlock only needing internet access

... and see that your car is parked outside your mistress's house :)
Well that would explain the jumping out the window without your phone and wallet I guess.

I've been in the same situation (minus mistress), my phone loves to die on me if I take a photo when the battery is 20% or less, so of course that absolutely happened when I jumped out the car in an abandoned industrial estate to snap a pic of the car - leaving wallet inside (with key). Took me 10mins to get the phone back to home screen (my body heat eventually gave the battery the edge it needed I think). Scary stuff.

Oh, and did the same at the end of a dog walk in the middle of forest, in the dark, with only a white van with no usb C for company.

Wallet and key always goes with me now!

• Funny
Reactions: WannabeOwner