Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Joining the club, car arriving in March :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Production for International orders happens at the beginning of each quarter to give Tesla time to ship and deliver the car in the same quarter. So you have missed this quarter production by some distance. Right now they would be making cars for North America almost exclusively in the Fremont plant in California. Your car will likely be produced in early 2021 with about a 2 month shipping and delivery time frame. Having said all this, Tesla also makes some cars without a specific customer order and if your order matches one of these they may allocate it to you and surprise you with an early phone call.

I filled my time ordering essential accessories ;) which helped to fill in the time
with the 2021 model you won't need!

What you might need is CCS2 cable male to female
To connect to the free AC chargers, some of them are BYO cable
You can find free and paid AC/DC charges on plugshare app
Chargenet might be handy to sign up for as well

I filled my time ordering essential accessories ;) which helped to fill in the time
with the 2021 model you won't need!

What you might need is CCS2 cable male to female
To connect to the free AC chargers, some of them are BYO cable
You can find free and paid AC/DC charges on plugshare app
Chargenet might be handy to sign up for as well
CCS2 is a DC quick charger cable. I think you mean a Type 2, sometimes referred to as Mennekes male to female cable. We actually need a better name for it than Type 2 and I don’t think IEC 62196 is it.

I would say the Type 2 cable isn't really necessary right away, and might never be for you. It's good for opportune charging in car parks while you shop but tbh, it's not really necessary given the range our cars have.

As more and more Hotels/Motels start adding charging options it might become more useful

Reactions: IntnlManOfCode