Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Joining the club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Black306

Oct 14, 2019
Sacramento
Hey everybody! Finally ordered a Model 3 today and thought I'd say hi. I've been a car guy for a while, but until recently, my choice has been Mustangs. Started out with a '90 Mustang LX 5.0 back in '95. Later was fortunate to own other Mustangs like a '93 Cobra and an '03 Cobra (still own the '03).

However, growing up with RC cars, I've always gravitated towards electrics over gas powered cars. Electrics just have that burst of acceleration, are more reliable, and are generally cleaner to operate; no gas/oil to leak. It has taken a while, but I believe the technology has really started to bloom lately and I've taken the leap to enjoy electric cars in full-scale.

I'm looking forward to learning all the highlights and quirks of these cars. It's going to be a long 8-10 weeks!

Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 3.48.57 PM.png

Hey everybody! Finally ordered a Model 3 today and thought I'd say hi. I've been a car guy for a while, but until recently, my choice has been Mustangs. Started out with a '90 Mustang LX 5.0 back in '95. Later was fortunate to own other Mustangs like a '93 Cobra and an '03 Cobra (still own the '03).

However, growing up with RC cars, I've always gravitated towards electrics over gas powered cars. Electrics just have that burst of acceleration, are more reliable, and are generally cleaner to operate; no gas/oil to leak. It has taken a while, but I believe the technology has really started to bloom lately and I've taken the leap to enjoy electric cars in full-scale.

I'm looking forward to learning all the highlights and quirks of these cars. It's going to be a long 8-10 weeks!

View attachment 468054
Congrats! Looks like we got the same options, blue performance. White interior? FSD?

Congratulations & welcome!

FYI, it's common to have poor communication from Tesla until you actually show up for delivery. Hopefully they've gotten better but just be prepared for it. My wife and I each bought a RWD LR last year and we both had problems with poor communication pre-delivery. Our delivery experiences were great, though, and that seems to be common. I'm confident that you'll LOVE your car, we both do!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes, it is a blue Performance. Almost ordered last week. Glad I didn’t. The new gray wheels look pretty good and will hide brake dust. o_O Thought about getting an SR+, but I’d want something comparable (acceleration wise) to my Cobra in the event I sell it. The wife and I have a saying; spend money once. Often when going for the least expensive option, we spend money again to get something better. So, I just bucked up for the Performance.

Didn’t get the white interior or FSD. We have a young teen and pre teen; white interior won’t last. :confused: As for FSD, I like to drive even if it is on long trips. Cruise control that adjusts to cars in front of me is cool. Lane assist is a bonus. Full autonomy or summon doesn’t interest me.

My only concerns at this point are paint and panel gaps. With an ETA of 8-10 weeks, I hope they don’t churn the cars out quickly and sacrifice quality.

Didn’t get the white interior or FSD. We have a young teen and pre teen; white interior won’t last. :confused: As for FSD, I like to drive even if it is on long trips. Cruise control that adjusts to cars in front of me is cool. Lane assist is a bonus. Full autonomy or summon doesn’t interest me.

I bought the FSD during the March sale and I will say, I don't even use the Navigate on Autopilot. I have yet to try the smart summon - keep forgetting to give it a try. Like you, I enjoy driving cars.....