Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Joining the club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a long search, today we took the plunge and ordered a CPO 16 90D. Has all the features we wanted including FSD. EV-CPO lists it as an AP2 car so I guess we’ll have to get the HW3 upgrade at some point. Has anyone had this done at the same time as delivery? Anyway, super excited to get this car after wanting one for so long. Cheers!

Reactions: davidc18 and EV-CPO
Important distinction to avoid confusion: Tesla ended the CPO program over a year ago. What you're talking about is a used car and not a CPO which would normally denote a certain level of cosmetic inspection and refurbishment. What you're getting is a used car with a factory warranty against mechanical defects that likely hasn't even had the 70-point inspection done that they claim.

It's important that you know you're buying a used car and inspect it thoroughly as any cosmetic issues are yours once you sign the paperwork. If you want them to fix anything, ask before you sign paperwork and force them to put it in writing. That last part is SUPER important especially when dealing with Tesla. Do NOT trust them at their word with promises.

Important distinction to avoid confusion: Tesla ended the CPO program over a year ago. What you're talking about is a used car and not a CPO which would normally denote a certain level of cosmetic inspection and refurbishment. What you're getting is a used car with a factory warranty against mechanical defects that likely hasn't even had the 70-point inspection done that they claim.

It's important that you know you're buying a used car and inspect it thoroughly as any cosmetic issues are yours once you sign the paperwork. If you want them to fix anything, ask before you sign paperwork and force them to put it in writing. That last part is SUPER important especially when dealing with Tesla. Do NOT trust them at their word with promises.
inspection is important if and only if they let you see the car.....I have read some people buy used cars rom Tesla via pictures and they won't let the drive it or inspection it....especially if it is an out of state car

Thanks for the advice. I am aware of what to be on the lookout for thanks to the folks on this forum and friends who are Tesla owners. And yes, it should go without saying that no one pay/sign for anything, much less a Tesla, without seeing it first!

inspection is important if and only if they let you see the car.....I have read some people buy used cars rom Tesla via pictures and they won't let the drive it or inspection it....especially if it is an out of state car

I know that their "policy" is to do paperwork and then let you see the car but if you demand to inspect prior to singing anything they will let you. If they refuse, demand a refund of your deposit then proceed to run (don't walk) from that transaction. Then buy private party which is what I would recommend most do anyway. Even if the car is cheaper at Tesla (often times not) it's not worth the savings for what you'll go through to realize it.

Reactions: r1200gs4ok
In our state any vehicle you buy, private party or dealer, or company, you have a 7-Day policy where you can return it. so, not much of an issue here. I thought it was this way most places.

I was more than disappointed when they dropped their four-year warranty for used vehicles. I was going to buy an X through tesla.