Last Saturday (Jan 11th) I took a test drive in Highland Park, IL (I live in Madison, WI). After the drive I put down a deposit for a Model S. (The test drive was almost a formality / sanity check, I've been thinking about it for a long time.) My configuration: S85 / White, Pano, Standard 19" Wheels / Textile Seats, Piano Black / Tech, Air Suspension, Parking Sensors, Hi-Fi Sound, Subzero I confirmed same day in the hopes it'd shave a few weeks off my wait. This morning I realized that I plan on having the car for many years and I don't want to risk regretting that I didn't go for the Performance version so I called Tesla to see if I could upgrade. They said they'd put in a request, and emphasized that it's a request and not a guarantee, but they were pretty confident that the change could be made since I did it so early in the process. Either way, can't wait to get the car. I'll be trading in my Chevy Volt which I've had for a year and half, and even though I love it I confess that I've been referring to it as a "starter Tesla" for most of the time I've owned it.