Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Joining the family!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just placed an order for the 100D MX. Took my first test drive tonight in Newport Beach. Here on business from Alabama. Not an impulse buy- been researching these things like crazy. Will fill out the spreadsheet later. The store manager popped in while I was finishing up the order to check on my status. He made an interesting comment which might just be ‘salesmanship’, but I figured some folks on here might want to know... after February 28th, all MX deliveries will be delayed until June. Very strange. Most likely it was just an attempt to give me a solid nudge to buy tonight (which wasn’t necessary) but if true...makes you wonder what’s up. I asked my salespeople and the manager if a major refresh was coming up, not expecting a confirmation if true...they said doubtful of course, but I wasn’t totally convinced... something is in the works.

They had a model 3 in the showroom. Man that thing looks amazing. Folks were standing in line to look st it from 5pm until I left at 7.

The buying experience was as awesome as the test drive. No pressure. Super helpful. Looking forward to joining the family!

Reactions: ModelX
Welcome to the TMC! So, about Tesla salespeople... they generally know less about future changes than members of the forum. :rolleyes:
Thanks! And I am sure you are correct. My test driver/salesperson has been there for...5 months. The store manager, six years. But I’m sure even if they had access to Elon personally- they’re not about to tell me anything that might make me wait.

How do you like that M3 by the way? And the MX?

Thanks! And I am sure you are correct. My test driver/salesperson has been there for...5 months. The store manager, six years. But I’m sure even if they had access to Elon personally- they’re not about to tell me anything that might make me wait.

How do you like that M3 by the way? And the MX?

Well, I glad you asked. The Model X is arguably the best car in the world and the Model 3 is like an ice cream with sprinkles on top.

Reactions: buttershrimp
after February 28th, all MX deliveries will be delayed until June.
Not that unusual -- they like to ship to different parts of the world in different parts of the quarter. US domestic deliveries usually are last since they can count them in same quarter due to short transportation time. So if you want a late March delivery order now -- if you order after march 1 and they can't build by end of march then yours gets built for June instead.

I confirmed my order Christmas 2016 and it was pure torture waiting until we received ours March 28!

Reactions: vandacca
Like IdaX pointed out already, this is a normal timeline. US orders are built and delivered toward EOQ. Obviously they can only build so much EOQ and if you order in March it’s unlikely they can build it in time.

Welcome to the family! I just ordered my replacement car too. Getting a 100D this time.