Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Joining the X family

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, after almost three years of Model S 70 ownership I decided to order an X75D six seater. Estimated delivery in June. Main reason for the change is having to bend into the back seats of the S to strap my twins into carseats. (post herniated disc) One test with the X and I was totally hooked.

I've been over in the S forums since the beginning of my ownership but now that I'm peeking over here on the X side, I'm seeing a lot of issues and quite a bit more negativity than I feel like I see over on the S forum. I think the S is the greatest car on the planet and I'm bummed to part with it, but I think this is going to be a much greater car for my health, physically. Reading some of these posts is getting me a little nervous though, I must say.

I ordered three days ago, so my order gets locked in today. Would love to hear from people that are loving their X's!

'issues and negativity' --- if you could be more specific people could respond to them. My first X was a Sig but had a deer incident. I picked up another one (service loaner) in Dec '17. Like it every bit as much. Homelink has been more reliable for me (a tech I was familiar with mentioned improved homelink are in them now).

Reactions: FlyF4
Great. My thought is that people are quick to post anything wrong, yet seldom ever say anything good as you just did by saying how much you liked your S. I tend to take other complaints with a grain of salt as my experience in the last 11 months has been really good. The only issue I've had in 11,000 miles is the 12volt battery. Tesla was out at my house to replace it in just one day after reporting it.

Welcome to the X side of Tesla.....I've had my X 75D 5 seater since Dec 23rd, 2017 and have put almost 8000 miles on it! I took it from Sacramento to Seattle with my wife and kids and use it regularly to deliver pizza as well. The only thing I would say is if you can afford and justify a larger battery go for it. Though the supercharger network is growing, it would be great to go from Sacramento to San Francisco airport and back without a supercharging halt. Other than that the car rocks! The only thing I got in my car in terms of features is leather seats, carbon fiber upgrade and Enhanced Auto Pilot. I can't wait to replace the other 3 cars in our household with Tesla. Good luck with your purchase.

Reactions: GOFORIT5
Hey everyone, after almost three years of Model S 70 ownership I decided to order an X75D six seater. Estimated delivery in June. Main reason for the change is having to bend into the back seats of the S to strap my twins into carseats. (post herniated disc) One test with the X and I was totally hooked.

I've been over in the S forums since the beginning of my ownership but now that I'm peeking over here on the X side, I'm seeing a lot of issues and quite a bit more negativity than I feel like I see over on the S forum. I think the S is the greatest car on the planet and I'm bummed to part with it, but I think this is going to be a much greater car for my health, physically. Reading some of these posts is getting me a little nervous though, I must say.

I ordered three days ago, so my order gets locked in today. Would love to hear from people that are loving their X's!

20k miles had it for almost 2 years. Best car on the planet by far, you will love it more than the S for sure. No major issues, knock on wood

Hi, @Joetnr1, congratulations on your X order. I believe you won't regret your decision. I'm also moved from three years of Model S ownership and now a happy X owner. Mine is a black P100D white 6 seater. As I live in Tokyo Model X is sort of too big, but car seat in the second row is very easy to use. Everybody who saw myself getting my kid into the car seat in my X looks very surprised how it is easy and quick.
I sometimes use 3rd row seats for my parents or friends, and they also say it's easy to access via easy entry from the other side of the car seat, and there is ample room for their hand luggages.

Using the car seat on the 2nd row, I use FWD every day and it is working flawlessly. Not one time FWD hit something when opening, but it sometimes opens only ajar when the sensor detects obstacles a few seconds before I park the car. It seems the sensor keeps watching.

I love automatic driver's door! I think S also should have this feature too. No problems at all.

Panel gaps - mine is pretty good but still not perfect. If Tesla plans to sell in Japan they need to improve cosmetic quality.

We got our Model X in october... no issues worth whining about... everything so far addressed to my satisfaction... Trailer hitches are back ordered so... but the rest has been great. We likewise needed the Model X so we could avoid crawling into our car in various ways... better to get in standing tall. The ergonomics are better. Be careful with the auto front doors though as they could pop open from a parking spot into traffic if you fail to account for passing cars. I had to sneak up on mine a couple of times and finally turned it off.

Got my Model X back in September 2017, only issue I've had was it was unable to update. They found that they needed to replace my FWD sensors. Once they replaced it I was able to update again. No issues since (that was back in November or December I think). I agree with the loading of the kids in the back as I have 2 of my own. So much easier loading them into their car seats. We actually have a big road trip coming up next month, going from Toronto to Florida, we'll see how it goes.

Congrats and welcome to the fam! May you and yours enjoy countless happy miles in your new ride.

Wife and I have been putting miles on our X everyday since we got it in December 2016- we can't believe we've had it for so long, and can't believe we're privileged enough to own one. We still smile when we approach our X, to us it really is a thing of beauty, elegance. We still giggle every time one of us guns it (when safely able to do so of course). We still enthusiastically spend time with passers by who inquire about those gorgeous falcon wing doors. To us it's surprising how much more children know about our X than their parents. When we roll through our neighborhood, we still get little kids waving at us, some even shouting "nice Tesla" or something to that effect. We've had a couple of minor issues (creaking falcon wing door) that the service center addressed in a courteous, timely, and satisfactorily fashion. Tesla has spoiled us, and we really can't see how we could go back to driving anything else full-time. We're rooting for Tesla, and EVs in general, as I think most folks would enjoy fume/noise free driving. And with Tesla, I think every driver would be happy knowing they're in one of the safest cars on the planet.

Again, congrats!

Congrats and welcome to the fam! May you and yours enjoy countless happy miles in your new ride.

Wife and I have been putting miles on our X everyday since we got it in December 2016- we can't believe we've had it for so long, and can't believe we're privileged enough to own one. We still smile when we approach our X, to us it really is a thing of beauty, elegance. We still giggle every time one of us guns it (when safely able to do so of course). We still enthusiastically spend time with passers by who inquire about those gorgeous falcon wing doors. To us it's surprising how much more children know about our X than their parents. When we roll through our neighborhood, we still get little kids waving at us, some even shouting "nice Tesla" or something to that effect. We've had a couple of minor issues (creaking falcon wing door) that the service center addressed in a courteous, timely, and satisfactorily fashion. Tesla has spoiled us, and we really can't see how we could go back to driving anything else full-time. We're rooting for Tesla, and EVs in general, as I think most folks would enjoy fume/noise free driving. And with Tesla, I think every driver would be happy knowing they're in one of the safest cars on the planet.

Again, congrats!

Thank you so much! So happy to hear how much you're loving it.

Got my Model X back in September 2017, only issue I've had was it was unable to update. They found that they needed to replace my FWD sensors. Once they replaced it I was able to update again. No issues since (that was back in November or December I think). I agree with the loading of the kids in the back as I have 2 of my own. So much easier loading them into their car seats. We actually have a big road trip coming up next month, going from Toronto to Florida, we'll see how it goes.

Awesome, thanks! Good luck on that trip!

Reactions: Shaz
Also something that's rarely mentioned is that the easier driver-side entry and exit, as it sits much higher than the S. For old folks like us, that's an added plus to switching from the S. I personally found the S very low to the ground, and thus more difficult to enter and exit.

Took delivery yesterday. Smooth process. Model X 100D. My wife and I both went over the car with a fine tooth comb. Flawless. Have enjoyed each of the 75 miles I've driven so far. Charging in my detached garage on a 110v GFI circuit at 12 amps yielding 3 miles per hour of range added. Happy with that. Meets the needs of this retiree.

Took delivery yesterday. Smooth process. Model X 100D. My wife and I both went over the car with a fine tooth comb. Flawless. Have enjoyed each of the 75 miles I've driven so far. Charging in my detached garage on a 110v GFI circuit at 12 amps yielding 3 miles per hour of range added. Happy with that. Meets the needs of this retiree.

Wow you have some serious patience! Glad you're enjoying it thus far.