TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Joining your ranks soon...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by DavidP100DL, Aug 4, 2016.

1. DavidP100DL

DavidP100DL P100D with P90D underline so it's faster.

Fully loaded (minus the extra onboard charging capacity) P90D ordered yesterday. I'm going from a 2013 F10/M5 that didn't treat me very well:
    1. Subject to the engine factory recall (ok, whatever - new model - it happens - the price you pay for early adopation)
    2. Dash glue goes bad resulting in multi-week wait for replacement from Germany only to have the dealer order the one not cut for the HUD
    3. Turbo leak
    4. And the deal breaker - won't go into park - BMW says new transmission required
    As my warranty expires, I cringe at the battle I've done with this car in a mere 13K miles.

But, at least here on the westside of Los Angeles, there are so many of you. So - so - so many. Thus, I will need to do things(TM).

I've been driving my bosses boss P90 for 4 days. I love it more than the M5 for many reasons and like it less for others. But, it's a fun car with a high degree of practicality. Don't be like me and fence sit too long. Get it done.

• Like x 1
  2. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Welcome to the cult!

3. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures. You will LOVE your car. I still have the "Tesla Grin" every time I get in the car...

4. Prachatice

Prachatice Member

Funny. I too traded my 2013 M5 but did not have any problems with it. The MS certainly lacks some of the features of the M5, I do think I will like it more. It was delivered earlier in the week but apparently an interior trim piece is scratched so I can't take delivery until it's replaced. Loved the M5 though!

5. Buddy

Buddy Member

You used a referral code correct?

6. DavidP100DL

Thank you for your kind welcome and the Referral code! I've asked my "owner advisor" how to apply that.

And former M5 owner Prachatice ... nice to meet you. I feel less lonely and afraid now. ;)

7. Buddy

Buddy Member

You may need to cancel your order and re order. I'd recommend doing so to save $1,000 as it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get your car later. Your owner advisor will have the official answer of course.

Lots of YouTube videos on Teslas if you want to entertain yourself while waiting. Everyone from delivery experiences to road trips.

8. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

Congrats! I'm going from a 2014 550i M Sport with 17k miles to a P90D. I said the other day, "I can't wait to get rid of my BMW soon enough". I've had ZERO probs with my current car, it's been a gem, but once I drove the MS I was bitten by the bug! :)

9. DavidP100DL

FWIW - my owner advisor said he was able to apply it. :)

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1