Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Joke] Leaked video: Flying Model S with SpaceX package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before anyone claims that’s a Plaid blah blah. It’s not. You can clearly see the older fog lights. Also, this person is very stupid, which probably goes without saying, but I still wanted to say it.
Yeah it's not a Plaid, might even be pre-facelift with the nosecone it looks like but a bit hard to tell with the lighting. Looking from his other posts on TikTok the guy got a Plaid and decided to jump his old S.

Car was rented according to ABC7. Los Angeles: Dangerous Tesla car stunt ends in crash in Echo Park neighborhood; LAPD investigates as hit-and-run | abc7.com

The guys in it took off after it crashed and police are looking for them. Given no view past the hill, they had no idea what was below, person or structures.

From this KTLA5 report, looks like they might know who the driver was.

When I read the first story that the MS was rented, commented to my spouse wonder if it was a Turo rental and apparently it was. I can see the owner thinking what’s the worst that can happen to my car.

Last edited:
What idiots. Could have killed themselves or some innocent person that walked out of the house. Shocked it's only a misdemeanor when it was CLEARLY pre-meditated.

On a second note, interesting that the car is so nose heavy. I thought Tesla's were closer to 50/50 weight distribution? If it was, the way it launched, car should have stayed more level. Some things I've read show it's actually 48/52, thus more rear than front, so the front should have stayed up longer. Started off with the front up. Unless the driver hit the brakes just as he/she was launching and the rear tires pulled front down while they were still on the ground.

What idiots. Could have killed themselves or some innocent person that walked out of the house. Shocked it's only a misdemeanor when it was CLEARLY pre-meditated.

On a second note, interesting that the car is so nose heavy. I thought Tesla's were closer to 50/50 weight distribution? If it was, the way it launched, car should have stayed more level. Some things I've read show it's actually 48/52, thus more rear than front, so the front should have stayed up longer. Started off with the front up. Unless the driver hit the brakes just as he/she was launching and the rear tires pulled front down while they were still on the ground.
Will kegs fit in the frunk?

And ANOTHER one (c)DJ Khaled

That thing did a complete nose dive too. Strange. This was more obvious. Front end started up, then all of sudden plummeted. He/She wasn't that high, so wasn't an issue on landing, but had it been a foot higher, would have been another bad, nose first wreck.

Sadly, we can't do anything about the idiots. Same reason why Auto Pilot is so restrictive now. Give some people a chance to be stupid and their goal is to excel at it.