Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast #17 is streaming live right now. We are discussing the new EV Tax Credits, as well as other topics. You can watch it and participate in the live chat on YouTube.

[joke on reddit] Config site going live tomorrow...

MorrisonHiker

Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
If they don't unveil the site, it would be nice if they could at least put up a "Coming soon..." page with a picture of the X hidden in the shadows.

Before the Volvo XC90 came out, they had a great teaser video that was only like 10 seconds and abruptly ended. People analyzed that video frame by frame. I couldn't find the short version but they eventually released a longer version:
The shorter version ended about the time they showed the headlights, about five notes in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm soooo reminded of this sign:
image.jpg

anticitizen13.7

Not posting at TMC after 9/17/2018
Dec 22, 2012
United States
I got excited for a moment, then read the reddit thread. The OP has only posted twice: the original "sources say config site is going live", then a "ha I got you" follow up.

I am learning to keep my excitement in check.

I'm not expecting anything tomorrow, but it would be funny if the person on Reddit was unintentionally correct.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
That's the one! ... And April is still winter in many parts of the world... Maybe Elon got the seasons confused, being from South Africa and all...

"Elon Time".

But yeah, thinking back, we did the factory tour in Oct 2011 (it was announced August 2011 IIRC), then the design studio was promised for winter, and I think it finally opened up sometime in the spring.

That's not even the worst of it... the center console was, what? 1.5ish years late?

Trnsl8r

S85 2012-2018, X90 since 2016, 3 since 2018
Aug 20, 2011
San Jose, CA
"Elon Time".

But yeah, thinking back, we did the factory tour in Oct 2011 (it was announced August 2011 IIRC), then the design studio was promised for winter, and I think it finally opened up sometime in the spring.

That's not even the worst of it... the center console was, what? 1.5ish years late?

Well Model X itself is looking at what... 2+ year delay?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC