Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Jon McNeill is Leaving Lyft

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jon McNeill is leaving the chief operating officer role at Lyft about 18 months after stepping down as Tesla’s president of sales and services.

The news was first reported by Bloomberg and confirmed by CNBC.

Lyft, which held an initial public offering in March, will not replace McNeill, according to the report.

During McNeill’s time at Tesla, sales more than doubled and his organization scaled to more than 10,000 people across 32 countries. McNeill also previously served as founder and chief executive at eight technology and retail companies that included the first national chain of automotive collision centers as well as multiple insurance related businesses.

McNeill was also an active TMC member during his days at Tesla, often helping solve problems or offer up a special experience for a Tesla fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Honestly I hope he would come back too. This is an area owners could really use having someone there at the company. I met Jon at a Seaside event along with Franz and Jon was very approachable and I felt he really tried to resolve issues. I remember him being online here on TMC as well. In any event I wish him well wherever he goes.

Reactions: Akikiki