Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jrzy_M3P 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance Build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone! I wanted to share with y'all the build of my Model 3. I have a more detailed journey of pictures on my IG: Jrzy_M3P so feel free to check that out.

I know many people here on the forums have their own preferences about stock vs aftermarket modifications. I'd just like to say that this platform suits both types of enthusiasts and how I've built my car is the vision I had when purchasing the car.

Onto the current build!!

I picked up the car on the evening of 12/17/2019. It was raining and I was still figuring out how to work the wipers, so to be safe I drove the car home and didn't drive it much that night.
IMG_6302.JPG

I was going away on vacation and had an appointment set the following day with Always Clean Detailing where Felix & team did a great job with the following:
  • @XPEL Stealth hand cut full ppf wrap
  • Opticoat Pro + Full Ceramic Coat
  • 3m Crystalline Tints (40% windows, 70% roof/front/rear windshields
  • Opticoat Optiguard Interior Leather Protectant
  • 3m Satin Black Chrome Delete
IMG_6830.JPG

Now that I had the car protected, next up was wheels! I went with a set of Vorsteiner VFF-107's 20x9, 20x10.5 and Falken Azenis FK510 245/35/20 and 285/30/20 tires.
IMG_7846.JPG

From there, I felt as if the interior needed some love. I added some 3m White CF wrap to the center console and the dash cap. (Picture depicts a Vivvid Vinly Black CF wrap that I have since removed). I also added some interior lighting using Unique Style Racing Blue LED footwell lights and an Amazon led strip to go into the dash air vent.
IMG_3278.JPG
IMG_6988.JPG
Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 5.51.04 PM.png

After about 2 months of waiting for my order, my TAW Customs Carbon Fiber/White Leather steering wheel came in. Before installing it, I headed back over to Always Clean Detailing to get the leather protected by OptiCoat Optiguard protectant and the carbon fiber ceramic coated with Opticoat Pro +.
97A24C8D-767C-4231-A538-3567BD9C690E.JPG
1F08EF2C-DEEB-42A4-9555-1A53A911FDE2.JPG
IMG_5417.JPG

I've reached my max number of images I can attach, so I'll continue on in the thread with another post.

About 2 months later, the long awaited Artisan Sports CF lip kit had arrived. I had to get it painted as it wasn't full carbon fiber so once it was painted by Technicar Automotive, I then had it wrapped in xpel stealth to match the rest of the vehicle. All the carbon fiber areas were ceramic coated with Opticoat Pro +.
IMG_3403.JPG
IMG_5993.JPG
IMG_0111.JPG

Now that the kit was on, I had to do something with that wheel gap!!! I originally decided to go with Mountain Pass Performance Sport Coilovers but decided that I needed to be able to protect the lip kit a bit easier by being able to adjust the ride height on the fly so I opted to go for an Air Suspension setup. This is my first time having air ride on a car and boy was I hesitant...would the car drive smoothly? Would it be rough? Do air bags pop?

I wanted to go with Accuair's management system and Endo CVT tank along with Universal Air Suspension struts. That decision once again changed due to Accuair filing for bankrupcty amidst the covid outbreak. I opted for the Airlift 3H management system and Seameless tanks. I also ended up not using Universal Air Suspension for no real reason other than I was able to get Air Demand suspension more quickly. I had heard some good things about Air Demand from other Model 3 owners and decided to give them a shot. The seamless tanks are filled via dual Viair compressors. We decided to go with the 2 air tanks simply for aesthetics.

I also had to keep in mind that lowering the car could impact my camber so that called for @MountainPass Performance rear camber arms and toe arms.

Kudos to my installer IG: Rat4life as he killed it with the hardline frunk setup of the air mgmt system. He came highly recommended as being the man to go to in the North East. His took the time to educate me, was super knowledgable, and the fact that he only does air suspension and his resume of cars made me feel very comfortable. The car feels like it drives better than stock. It's got on demand ride height adjustability with 5 preset height settings and optional manual setting along with 10 way adjustable dampeners so that I can dial in the stiffness for the situation needed.

IMG_7547.jpg

IMG_7545.jpg
IMG_7546.jpg

IMG_2542.JPG
Rear Passenger Side 2.JPG

IMG_7548.jpg

That's where my build stands today. Next up is some audio work in a custom trunk setup. Ill be sure to update this thread as new modifications come in!

I have already entered several major car show competitions here on the east coast. I'm looking forward to what the competition season brings and sharing how great of a modification platform our cars can be!

Here's a shot from a local meetup in NJ
C5B60742-E574-4165-8E71-9E725CBC933E.JPG

Last edited: