Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Judgement Day (FSD Beta)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so since his tweet was at 2:13AM on the 10th I wonder if he means Tonight after midnight (the 11th)?

Since the tweet happened on Sunday, to consumers, we expect "tomorrow" starts at 00:00 on Monday, 10/11/2021.

For Tesla's tweet, it's expected to be at 23:59 Monday or practically it's rounded as Tuesday, 10/12/2021.

It's like the practice of posting a giant number 4 followed by tiny 999 at a gas station so consumers psychologically think its $4 but it's practically a rounded up $5.

Well....here we go again more delays....i am at 98 safety and we still wait. Took my Y to carmax friday and offered $60k. This leaves me with $18k equity....going back to a 2018 Volt. This was my second Tesla and will be my last!
Wait…so you’re mad that FSD is delayed a few days so you’re trading your Y for a Volt? And you’re done with Tesla forever? Wow. And I thought my kids make some hasty decisions….

Reactions: M-S-M and Yelobird
Elon: "Ready to release FSD to the masses?"
FSD Developers: "Sure, we are so ready, 110% confident, born ready, sir"
Tesla's Rain Man: "Definitely, definitely ready. E-L-0-N. My main man..... Uh-Oh!"
Elon: "Delayed"

Reactions: Robert831
Elon: "Ready to release FSD to the masses?"
FSD Developers: "Sure, we are so ready, 110% confident, born ready, sir"
Tesla's Rain Man: "Definitely, definitely ready. E-L-0-N. My main man..... Uh-Oh!"
Elon: "Delayed"
Just received email from Tesla that “We will be pushing FSD Beta Version 10.2 (2021.32.25) to your vehicle shortly!”

Vehicle is down loading that version now.

It’s happening for the 100/100 group.. I’m traveling and won’t be able to check it out until Tuesday :(

I was in a little rush to get to a pharmacy before it closed and while still driving safely, the car freaked out that I was going to rear end a car in front of me turning at an intersection… despite me being 8 or 9 car lengths behind it, them smoothly turning out of my path, and only going 35 mph. Tesla certainly has tuned lane departure warning and forward collision warning over the last few months to me far more twitchy.

Anyway I went from a 99 down to a 97…. PLEASE don’t screw this up anyone! I wanna see FSD too before everyone starts taking naps and crashing, lol

Reactions: 101dals
5A73AE1F-7478-4CF6-9965-E5410FEA1130.jpeg

Wait…so you’re mad that FSD is delayed a few days so you’re trading your Y for a Volt? And you’re done with Tesla forever? Wow. And I thought my kids make some hasty decisions….
It's a pile of stuff.....my stupid driver's side window 20% of the time stops going up due to supposed friction...Tech looked at it and said we can put some lubrication on the guides....all they used was stupid body wax for a car, if that doesn't work I have to live with it he said. And I did recalibrate the window many times. My car smells like vomit when the hvac is on when it is damp or raining...lovely. Constant delays and promises never kept from Elon. Panels inside that have varying gaps, looks cheap. One of my favs was the Youtube video of beta FSD early release showing some sort of potential crash while under FSD and Tesla made the guy take it down because they don't want negative PR on FSD from the existing beta testers. Only positive videos are allowed per Tesla! BS. The display/browser still sucks *ss like in my 2013 MS. Brand new MY should be much better but it's not. Oh, how about all the earlier M3s that were promised free upgrades if their computer wasn't fast enough for the current FSD!?!? Yep $1500 folks! Oh, now it's $1000. Great.... Only one not Tesla's fault is I am currently building a cabin in the middle of nowhere in TN and off grid. My planned electrical system won't be able to charge an electric car hence my decision to go with the 2018 Volt Prem. Two sources of fuel.... I have owned a 2013 Volt years ago and really liked it.

• Disagree
Reactions: mark95476
Congrats! Please make sure to follow-up with your impressions.

I'm waiting in the 99 Safety Score group.

I had 83 mile commute to work today and I used it a lot. My commute is almost exclusively 2 lane back road driving…. And I cross a mountain! I can tell you that it seems to work much better in the city streets than the mountain roads! I had lots of phantom braking incidents….. The city street driving was actually awesome. I found that the car changes lanes quicker and it also proceeds through traffic lights without hesitation or confirmation. I’m going to keep using it every day so maybe my route will improve with some time. I found myself disengaging a lot without any problems…. Mostly when someone would get behind me because I was not quite confident as to how the car would react. I’m sure i will keep it engaged more consistently as I get used to it….

It's a pile of stuff.....my stupid driver's side window 20% of the time stops going up due to supposed friction...Tech looked at it and said we can put some lubrication on the guides....all they used was stupid body wax for a car, if that doesn't work I have to live with it he said. And I did recalibrate the window many times. My car smells like vomit when the hvac is on when it is damp or raining...lovely. Constant delays and promises never kept from Elon. Panels inside that have varying gaps, looks cheap. One of my favs was the Youtube video of beta FSD early release showing some sort of potential crash while under FSD and Tesla made the guy take it down because they don't want negative PR on FSD from the existing beta testers. Only positive videos are allowed per Tesla! BS. The display/browser still sucks *ss like in my 2013 MS. Brand new MY should be much better but it's not. Oh, how about all the earlier M3s that were promised free upgrades if their computer wasn't fast enough for the current FSD!?!? Yep $1500 folks! Oh, now it's $1000. Great.... Only one not Tesla's fault is I am currently building a cabin in the middle of nowhere in TN and off grid. My planned electrical system won't be able to charge an electric car hence my decision to go with the 2018 Volt Prem. Two sources of fuel.... I have owned a 2013 Volt years ago and really liked it.
Yep does sound like a “pile” to me. Your car vomit smell, Could be your thread topic where your dog relieved itself on your front seat and you “fixed” it with fabreeze. Lol. Maybe….. Sounds to me like you’ll never be pleased. Good luck with your Volt!

• Funny
Reactions: M-S-M and mark95476
Yep does sound like a “pile” to me. Your car vomit smell, Could be your thread topic where your dog relieved itself on your front seat and you “fixed” it with fabreeze. Lol. Maybe….. Sounds to me like you’ll never be pleased. Good luck with your Volt!
Vomit smell was way before the dog incident. I also had the seat completely torn-down to the foam and properly cleaned so no dog issue.

• Disagree
Reactions: mark95476
A piece of advice after day 1. The Cabin camera is no joke…. I have NEVER had a autopilot disengagement in my life until today. Heck, it happened so fast I didn’t even realize what happened! If you are not looking straight forward then it will almost immediately ding you. I had 3 dings that hit me within 1 mile and then suddenly I realize I just struck out! I drove 103 miles today and everything was fine until the last 5 miles….. I got 3 dings within 1 mile and I was almost home…. Ugh

Sometimes I wonder if the folks that have 100 don't live on a hill, or don't have to make an unprotected turn onto a busy street. After taking many different trips, and comparing scores... I've found that when I'm going downhill, if I touch the brake pedal to stop at the stop sign, or to slow down for the side street mid-hill, I get dinged for hard braking... Likewise, there is an unprotected left turn I have to make onto a 4 lane blvd with a 50mph speed limit, with no center turn lanes.... I always get dinged for aggressive turns there...

I found the only way to not get hard braking, is to avoid hitting the brake pedal going down the hill, which I can do for the stop sign, if I do half the speed limit going down the hill, otherwise I can't avoid using the brakes... However, I found it is not possible to take that side street down the hill, because regen will not slow me down enough to make the turn without dinging myself for an aggressive turn. As far as the unprotected turn onto a 50mph road, I haven't found any way around that, other than to take the other exit from the building, and make 3 lefts at a traffic light. Doing all these tricks, I've managed to average between a 97 and 100 the last few days, but it is seriously a pain in the ass.

A piece of advice after day 1. The Cabin camera is no joke…. I have NEVER had a autopilot disengagement in my life until today. Heck, it happened so fast I didn’t even realize what happened! If you are not looking straight forward then it will almost immediately ding you. I had 3 dings that hit me within 1 mile and then suddenly I realize I just struck out! I drove 103 miles today and everything was fine until the last 5 miles….. I got 3 dings within 1 mile and I was almost home…. Ugh
You don't even need to be using autopilot for it to get mad... I was pulling out of my kids school, and I glanced down at the display to turn on the passenger side vent... While I did that as I was pulling out of the drop off area, the car yelled at me to pay attention to the road. I've never seen that warning before in my life, until this last update.

FYI folks…. The Safety Score tab has now been removed from my app. Thank goodness! I found myself still obsessing with my score even though I got the FSD Beta….. I’m sure Tesla will monitor us and potentially remove anyone who is not driving appropriately.

Reactions: gunthermic