Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Juicebox pro 40 w/j1772 adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a JuiceBox Pro 40 on a 30A circuit and I have the same issue. I thought that the 6A I saw occassionaly was due to the car throttling back when it gets close to 90% charge. I also see the JuiceBox go on every couple of hours for a couple of minutes. I didn't think either of things were an issue until lately when after a long charge the juicebox would beep quickly 4 times and than give a continuous long beep. This would continue until I unplugged it and replugged it in again. This instructions indicate that this might be an overheating issue.

Since my last issue with the juicebox I have installed the 2020.8.1 Tesla software and have not had the issue with the juicebox.since. Post bacl if your new juicebox fixed your issue.

Just got my M3 at the beginning of March. Today I started the 3rd charge ever with the Juicebox and after about an hour I received a notification that the charging was interrupted. When I went to unplug and plug it back into the car it only was charging at 8amps, then charging was interrupted again after about 15 minutes. The car is downloading the 2020.8.2 update now. It was delivered with 2010.35.108. Maybe the update will fix it. The Juicebox is on a 50amp circuit.

Having issues with this adapter. It's been only registering 6amps max when my wife plugs in.
I have to go outside and unplug everything, reconnect and plug in and pray. I don't know what she's doing wrong.
Is the adapter supposed to unplug while still connected to the j1772 plug? Or do they need to seperate first?
Before we get into it, the juicebox works fine on other evs that do not require the adapter
I bring my Model 3 to get the FSD 3.0 updates, and the Tesla Service Center also replaced a Charger Port Dead Front Pin.

I didn't had any problem before but it seems that other reported the same update:

Note: After this update, my car was charging at 5 Amp max on my home charger.
So I contacted the Service Center and they pushed a new 2020.8 software update, which solve the problem.

Just got my M3 at the beginning of March. Today I started the 3rd charge ever with the Juicebox and after about an hour I received a notification that the charging was interrupted. When I went to unplug and plug it back into the car it only was charging at 8amps, then charging was interrupted again after about 15 minutes. The car is downloading the 2020.8.2 update now. It was delivered with 2010.35.108. Maybe the update will fix it. The Juicebox is on a 50amp circuit.
Apparently I was being throttled, because it charged between 2am and 4am.