Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JuiceBox

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here you go.

IMG_20180910_085509.jpg

We have a JuiceBox Pro 40 as well. Be advised, right now the Juice Box's timer doesn't work that well with the Model 3. I'm hoping that issue gets fixed soon since it helps a lot with our time of use power plan!

-J
The Model 3 has delayed charging built in. If you turn off the JuiceBox timer function, it should work fine. The only thing you may want the JuiceBox timer system for is participating in one of their demand response programs.
One other useful function in the JuiceBox is energy metering.

Yes, the Tesla has a "start charging at" timer, but no "stop charging at" timer. I like having the security that if something with the cars charging / timing goes wrong, it can't screw up the month's bill. It's also nice because having the EVSE turn off means that even if the car decides to do battery conditioning during on peak it won't screw up the bill.

Tesla and eMotorWerks are aware of the delayed charging issue with the Model 3. It should be sorted out shortly. If you're considering an additional EVSE, the JuiceBox Pro 40 is a great option, IMO. They also have an 80 amp one; the JuiceBox Pro 80. The app is great, it keeps records of past charging sessions, lets you set the power delivery level, remote start/stop of a session, compatibility with Amazon Alexa, and more.

I have the original version of the Juicebox 40 with wifi. Basically the same thing you linked to but from before it came with the snazzier enclosure. It's worked pretty well overall, but in hindsight I wish I had just bought the HPWC. 2 years ago when I got the Jukebox the HPWC was still pretty expensive, the price has come down now though. Also the primary reason I wanted the Juicebox over the HPWC was to track electricity use as I share my power bill with housemates. Eventually I just subscribed to TeslaFi.com which provides accurate enough info on charging and also offers a lot more information about the car.

55389833666__6B35F57B-9453-4BD3-8D33-B72A88CA3886.jpg