Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

July 2022 Delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

charlesoris

2022 MYLR Red/White, 19", OD:12/13/21
Dec 11, 2021
California, USA
My OD for MYAWD Red with White is December 13, 2021. The order page states that the EDD is July 2022.
Tesla pre-approved my application for the 60-months financing through US Bank at 2.49%. This offer is good for 60 days
Would this rate remains unchanged until the delivery by accepting it now or should I wait?
Is there any other financial institution that would lock the rate until the delivery?
Any recommendations would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Charles

My recommendation is to switch the order to "Cash" and then switch it back to financing once you have a VIN. That way you don't have to apply every time it expires.

You can switch to cash via Tesla chat, or calling Tesla (or your SA).

My OD for MYAWD Red with White is December 13, 2021. The order page states that the EDD is July 2022.
Tesla pre-approved my application for the 60-months financing through US Bank at 2.49%. This offer is good for 60 days
Would this rate remains unchanged until the delivery by accepting it now or should I wait?
Is there any other financial institution that would lock the rate until the delivery?
Any recommendations would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Charles
As OCJeff suggested change to cash. Tesla financing is only good for 60 days then it expires. You also get hit with a credit inquiry each time you renew.
If you said to cash, you can change it to financing after your van is assigned and they are ready to schedule delivery. Your SA, or chat support, can take care of that for you.

Update: I checked the dashboard and states that the new EDD is December 20 - December 31 without the year specified. How solid (believable) is this new EDD and should I go a different route than it was recommended above?
Thanks

Update: I checked the dashboard and states that the new EDD is December 20 - December 31 without the year specified. How solid (believable) is this new EDD and should I go a different route than it was recommended above?
Thanks
lol wow! lucky u if it works out. i would stay put for couple days and if it indeed stays at dec 20-31, then keep ur loan. If not change to cash.

3 seconds of looking at nearly any thread will yield the information you're looking for, there are countless posts and threads dedicated to this topic
I am sorry to tell you that your response provided zero useful information since I was a complete newbie at the time I asked the question. A link to a relevant topic would have sufficed.
Here is my unique story, IMHO.
I was hassled by the SA and DA to accept Tesla Financing in order for them to deliver a car. Once I accepted, I was issued a VIN with instructions to schedule a delivery appointment. It was scheduled for Dec. 30, and at the last moment, Tesla pulled the VIN back. Now, I am back to July delivery.

I am sorry to tell you that your response provided zero useful information since I was a complete newbie at the time I asked the question. A link to a relevant topic would have sufficed.
Here is my unique story, IMHO.
I was hassled by the SA and DA to accept Tesla Financing in order for them to deliver a car. Once I accepted, I was issued a VIN with instructions to schedule a delivery appointment. It was scheduled for Dec. 30, and at the last moment, Tesla pulled the VIN back. Now, I am back to July delivery.
Since you just ordered in Dec, very surprised you got a VIN at all. Maybe they were trying to get you in as part of the EOQ push since you are in SoCal.

If you have already done your Financing option with Tesla, it will expire in 60 days. At that time, change to Cash and once they are again ready to deliver, then have SA change to finance. If you refresh your Finance after the 60 expiration, you will have another credit inquiry on your history and it again is only good for 60 days.