Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

July 2022 Model Y Order/Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People purchasing in Texas, what’s the delivery process been like due to the whole can’t sell cars directly manufactured here.
That’s a good question. Our two previous deliveries were great but both were from Fremont. Time will tell. Would love to watch the car being manufactured and pickup at Austin Giga Factory. That won’t happen except for the select few that took delivery during Cyber Rodeo.

So if it’s from Fremont then there’s no sale issue?
I’m sure Fremont Model Y’s are just fine, but I missed out on what was supposed to be the first structural 4680 Plaid+ Model S with promised 520+ mile range. That was when they canceled the Plaid+ and Elon said the Plaid was good enough. My order was cancelled as all others and reordered with the Plaid Model S. After a 14 month wait I finally took delivery.

So this time I’m holding out for an Austin structural build with 4680’s. That’s the main reason I didn’t order the Performance. I’ll just keep an eye out on their progress.

Just love Sandy Munro tear down of the Austin built Model Y.

IMG_1057 copy.JPG

If anyone gets bored with the Gemini aero covers, this is the alternative look.

Of course, you have to have them to get bored. So, best wishes from London(England not Ontario) for an early surprise delivery:)
P.S. The dust caps are now also red.
PPS I fancied red Alloygators but they are no recommended for the Gemini wheels🥲

Ordered a MYLR 5-seat, white/black, 19 inch wheels, tow hitch, no FSD, on July 25th. Changed to MYP with same specs on 8/1. Current EDD is still January 30 to March 27.
It might take a couple of days to update. I upgraded to a MYP on 7/28 and my EDD updated yesterday from Nov -Jan to Aug 22 - Sept 5. It then updated this morning to Aug 13 - Aug 24. Located in NJ

Hi, happy to be a part of this club. Ordered my first Tesla model Y recently.

Long range - Red with black interiors
Seating config - 5
19 inch wheels
No FSD or EA

Edd is Jan to Mar 2023
I was not sure but took a chance on the white interior with my red MY LR. After 5 weeks, we are loving the white....just sayin'

In any case, may your EDD shorten ( although, in the USA, you could get a Fed'l gift of $7,500 if the car comes in 2023 (as this Brit understands the news).

Nothing of the kind here.

Wow… from July 24 order to taking delivery on 8/3!! Woot!!

MYLR
Pearl White Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Central Florida

OD: 7/24/22
EDD1: Jan 2023 - April 2023
EDD2: Feb 2 - Mar 30

Took an “accelerated delivery option” on 7/28, that replaced White/White/NoTow to Gray/Black/Tow.
Same day received VIN for an Austin MYLR
Had delivery available for 8/1 -8/4 but took delivery today on 8/3…

Austin MY came with a really nice cargo cover plus a mobile connector. AMD ryzen processor. Odometer with 2mi.

Some quality issues…crack on a fog light, couple of scratches, couple of panel alignment issues. Hope to get a service appointment to remedy these next week. But overall the car is superb!!

All I can say is… WOW. Every SA I talk to is shocked by the turn around time for my order.

Maybe it’s the macro environment… but I’m glad I had the option and took it. Future isn’t guaranteed. If you need it (or want it) and aren’t over extending yourself financially, go for it… it might just work out better than the 6.9mo average some have reported for 2021-2022 of MYLR orders 😎

MYLR
Pearl White Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Central Florida

Took an “accelerated delivery option” on 7/28, that replaced White/White/NoTow to Gray/Black/Tow.

Austin MY came with a really nice cargo cover plus a mobile connector. AMD ryzen processor. Odometer with 2mi.

Some quality issues…crack on a fog light, couple of scratches, couple of panel alignment issues. Hope to get a service appointment to remedy these next week. But overall the car is superb!!

All I can say is… WOW. Every SA I talk to is shocked by the turn around time for my order.

Maybe it’s the macro environment… but I’m glad I had the option and took it. Future isn’t guaranteed. If you need it (or want it) and aren’t over extending yourself financially, go for it… it might just work out better than the 6.9mo average some have reported for 2021-2022 of MYLR orders 😎
Amazing! Enjoy.

MYLR
Pearl White Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Central Florida

How does one choose the accelerated delivery option … like where is it presented?

• Funny
Reactions: Individoo