TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

July Build Photos (White MYP)

Discussion in 'Model Y: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by calypso, Jul 30, 2020.

1. calypso

calypso Member

Hey All,

I knew my car was going to be delivered to the SC today or tomorrow, luckily I was able to spot it on the lot to get an after-hours preview. Must be straight off the truck - I haven't received a call or update yet. Scheduled delivery is Saturday. Figured I post some photos for anyone that's impatiently waiting.

A couple notes:
    * Build date is 7/20 so it's pretty fresh
    * Photos shot at late dusk so lighting is not ideal
    * Rainy day so tough to gauge paint defects

Overall it's not terrible. Paint matching seems fine overall except the rear bumper appears to be a shade off. There were ~6 white Y's lined up and they all looked identical - stared at it for an unhealthy amount of time. I think the curvature of the bumper may accentuate the difference. I'll be looking at this very closely before acceptance.

My take:
    * Hatch alignment is decent
    * Charger door is perfect
    * Hood alignment is very janky, significant gap at the passenger-side bumper
    * Rear door alignment could use some work. Same pattern on all cars present
    * Spoiler needs to be re-applied

IMG_20200730_195047.jpg IMG_20200730_195233.jpg IMG_20200730_200023.jpg IMG_20200730_200740.jpg IMG_20200730_195415.jpg IMG_20200730_195528.jpg IMG_20200730_195223.jpg IMG_20200730_200035.jpg IMG_20200730_200118.jpg IMG_20200730_200526.jpg

• Informative x 1
  2. AP997S

AP997S Member

Looks like typical MY issues. I doubt if they'll ever be able to get it right. As long as you're satisfied . . . that's all that counts.

• Informative x 1
  3. BlindPass

BlindPass Member

Nice looking used Tesla kit car.

• Funny x 1
  4. YnotAnthony

YnotAnthony Member

Model Y Stealth!! I’m so jealous. That is my exact build. When did you put in the order??

5. BMax_V.2

BMax_V.2 Member

That's a stealth?

I dont think so..

6. YnotAnthony

YnotAnthony Member

You’re right it isn’t! The first photo looked like inductions, but I just looked closer and it’s the uberturbine wheels. My mistake.

7. calypso

calypso Member

Yep, it's a regular performance. I originally had a stealth on order. Wasn't able to successfully price match, despite confirmation on chat, so I switched. Wheels will be replaced ASAP.

8. KRG21

KRG21 Member

That looks alright to me. The paint looks better than most whites i've seen...at least in these pictures. Misalignment is all minor enough to be fixable. Nothing major stands out. Assuming the paint looks good in the daylight, i'd take it. I'd ask them to adjust the doors and frunk lid though. Congrats!

9. Kbobuckley

Kbobuckley New Member

10. OZKM3

OZKM3 Member

which Tesla(s) do you own?

seems like every comment you’ve made is that of a troll.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  11. KRG21

KRG21 Member

Cool, good for you buddy. Your opinion may be valid, but it's crass and classless to make generic rude comments about someone else's vehicle. You offered them nothing of value; just an insult. Find a more productive use of your time.

• Like x 3
  12. theganjaguru

At least you didn’t need to bring a water bottle to check the roof seals. Lol

• Like x 1
  13. empiredown

empiredown Member

So, you taking the alternate path of being a Hate Boi is better is it? There are several of you guys on here that appear to stalk, throw out your spiteful crap whenever possible, and then wait for the next opportunity. to repeat the same old, tired lines.. How about you get a life and move on. We'll all be better for it, yourself included.

SS

• Like x 1
  14. OZKM3

OZKM3 Member

You mad bro?

cuz I viewed your recent comments and they are almost all sarcastic.

get rekt kid

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  15. Impaler

Impaler '20 MY LR Black/Black, 20" induction w/FSD

Overall looks similar to my issues. I wonder if anyone's seen them on the car trucks, and whether they have plastic covering on them or not. My guess, based on the number of issues, is no. They get hit with rocks, debris, etc.