TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

July can't come soon enough!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by pkalhan, May 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. pkalhan

pkalhan Member

I just can't wait for the final reveal. All this speculation on the option the Model 3 will or won't have and their cost is driving me crazy lol. I get excited one minute (rumor of the 60kwh base battery and a 75kwh upgrade) then I get sad the next (possible glass roof as an option and not standard). I know what my budget is, just would like to know what options I can get within that budget already.

I know all the options in the Model S/X will not be in the Model 3 (nor did I ever expect that to happen), I just hope the options that are available are not breathtakingly expensive.

I am sure others probably feel the same way.

Sorry no question here, just wanted to vent a little bit.

Thanks!

Kal

• Like x 2
  2. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

July will be here before you know it.

I felt the same way 14 months ago after I made my reservation on 3/31. I wondered....how in the world am I going to make it for "A YEAR". lol

3. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

I don't know what's worse, not knowing the details until July, or knowing the details after July and having to wait even longer for the performance model.

4. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

You are absolutely right. I don't know whats going to be worse.

That makes me more enthusiastic about joining the Elon campaign to anti-sell the Model 3. Lets see....I only have about 300K people to go and I think I'll get mine this year. lol

5. pkalhan

pkalhan Member

@JeffK I think both would be tough. I reserved on April 2 and I can see the following scenario happening...

I see all the options I like will fit within my budget, but by the time it is time for me to configure my Model 3, Tesla decides to change up the prices on some of them and now I have to decide which ones I absolutely need and which ones I can live without basically messing everything up for me.

On a side note...my budget is $50K (would love to get everything for less though), I should definitely be able to get a very nice Model 3, right??

• Like x 1
  6. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

I'm reading all the post here about each body parts or wheels or stuff and i'm telling myself... Oh boy people are going to be disappointed. People are expecting a Model S and people will get... not a Model S.

7. pkalhan

pkalhan Member

@Dakkor I am note sure what you mean when you say "People are expecting a Model S and people will get... not a Model S" when I stated that I am aware that all the options available on the Model S will not be on the Model 3. I was simply stating that I can't wait for July to come so I can see what options are available and what their costs will be...the waiting for this information is tough.

I do agree with you that anyone thinking that they can get a $75k to $100k car for $35K car will be disappointed.

• Like x 1
  8. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

But what they will get is:

9. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Adjusting your question...
    Q: My budget is >= $35k; I should definitely be able to get a very nice Model 3, right?
    A: Yes. -Elon

10. harrismoe

harrismoe Member

My wife and I have a nice bottle of champagne waiting for the special night in July. We are going to make a night of it.

• Like x 1
  11. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

I need a nice bottle of hard liquor when I find out how much all the options I want are going to cost.