Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

July order- still no VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else waiting for VIN since July 2021? OD 7/28. EDD changed several times and it is now 12/3-12/30. Providence, RI. I am freaking out because folks who ordered in August already are getting their deliveries too. Please tell me that I am not alone!!

Anyone else waiting for VIN since July 2021? OD 7/28. EDD changed several times and it is now 12/3-12/30. Providence, RI. I am freaking out because folks who ordered in August already are getting their deliveries too. Please tell me that I am not alone!!
That's really weird. Have you already reached out to order support to inquire? Maybe your profile is incomplete? At this point wouldn't you just prefer to take delivery in 2022 to take advantage of the potential ev tax credit if something passes?

I am struggling to understand how cars actually get allocated. OP - sorry for your long wait. I've reached out to my SA but I ordered mine Sept. 2021. I was out of the country for a delivery scheduled for Dec. 2021 so asked them to skip. I took delivery Feb. 2022 and paid in full 2 days prior to delivery and had to reject due to damage on the front bumper that must have happened during transport. It was so bad the delivery manager said they had to send to a body shop for full repaint (of the bumper). My EDD has now gone from early March to end of March to early April to end of April and now just recently to May 3-31. I'm just annoyed as I would have taken the car if they didn't need to repaint the front bumper and also because I've already paid for the car!

In Vancouver, BC. MYLR, Black/Black, Inductions, 5 Seater.

Not sure what the comment is referring to here. Just speculating - but are you suggesting since the OP's ordered price is lower than current Tesla is intentionally not fulfilling the order?

Same here. I'm very curious with bluetrep1's comment also. If that's really the case, then Tesla should just employ the LIFO system since those have the highest and most recent prices.

Something seems wrong! I too ordered on 7-28-21. Original EDD was October. EDD telescoped back and forth between November and December. When it stretched to 2022 in mid-October I called my sales advisor and asked to be put on the delivery Priority List, which he described when I placed my order in July. Voila, two hours later a vehicle matching my specs was procured hot off the assembly line. Delivery was mid-October. Some will claim there is no such thing as priority delivery. I'm here to prove them wrong. I'm not saying it'll work for you. But if you don't ask you'll never know. Good luck!

OD 7/27, MYLR Blue/White - I had an EDD of 5/2-5/30, so I figured, finally, this is my month. Get an update this morning that it's pushed out to 5/26-6/23. For the first time, I called sales and while sympathetic, could really offer no help except to say that I did everything right during the order process. She did suggest if you have a trade-in, to wait until you are assigned a VIN. But otherwise....

OD 7/27, MYLR Blue/White - I had an EDD of 5/2-5/30, so I figured, finally, this is my month. Get an update this morning that it's pushed out to 5/26-6/23. For the first time, I called sales and while sympathetic, could really offer no help except to say that I did everything right during the order process. She did suggest if you have a trade-in, to wait until you are assigned a VIN. But otherwise....
Still waiting here - same OD as yours.
MYLR 7 seater, app that’s the delay.
Now 5/20-6/17
She did say that the vehicle will come from the Fremont factory.
Fingers crossed no more delays!!!

Reactions: rmeliot