Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jump the line with air option even if late in sequence?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm expecting my finalize email soon (12,848) and will be soon the 85kwh.

I've been told by the reps at the Tesla store that if I choose air suspension I could jump the line since many 40/60 kwh reservations are without air as an option.

Can anybody provide some empirical data to back this up. I may elect to go for 85kwh with air if it means I will get my car sooner than later given non air cars don't start production until March. Comes down to how many people before me are not getting air.

Thoughts?

I think 85KwH standard + air suspension is the sweet spot for earliest delivery. They have (or at least had) a shortage of performance parts because more people orderd the Perf option than expected.

If the non-air cars don't start production until March, that means even 85KwH non-air cars won't be produced until then.

I'm expecting my finalize email soon (12,848) and will be soon the 85kwh.

I've been told by the reps at the Tesla store that if I choose air suspension I could jump the line since many 40/60 kwh reservations are without air as an option.

Can anybody provide some empirical data to back this up. I may elect to go for 85kwh with air if it means I will get my car sooner than later given non air cars don't start production until March. Comes down to how many people before me are not getting air.

Thoughts?

Over on TM, a post requested 60 kWh configs, and eyeballing it (three dozen+) most seem to be getting air and S.C. Don't know if that would apply to 40s. Another 60 kWH post | Forums | Tesla Motors