Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jumped too quickly into purchase!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping someone can make me feel better...I don't know why I did this to myself, but I went back in the Tesla used inventory page, and this time I selected a different area code (the pre-populated one), and I see a white 2020 LR AWD (the color I initially wanted), with 3,000 miles AND 19" rims for only $3k more than I spent!! :mad::mad::mad: I'm pretty stupid for not thinking about putting in different (somewhat nearby) area codes!

That's 2 more years on warranty, a lot less miles and bigger rims. I'm really kicking myself right now. I'm trying to think why only a $3k difference??? Neither car was previously damaged/repaired, both 1 owner, neither car with any Carfax issues. I know blue is a slightly more expensive option, but I figure the 19" rims on the white one offset that. I'm really dumbfounded.

Too bad Tesla doesn't have a 1 week return policy! :(

You already gave yourself the best advice, don't go back and look. Years ago I realized that I would have a much happier life if I did not go and look at the price of products after I bought them. Nothing good comes of it. Enjoy the car and don't read any more replies here for fear they will just make you feel bad.

I agree with you 100%, and I usually try to never do this, but I'm actually looking for a logical explanation. Both cars are from Tesla itself... totally apples to apples...I would think there would have been a bigger price difference for 2 years newer, 14k fewer miles and bigger rims!

Reactions: mmanner
I agree with you 100%, and I usually try to never do this, but I'm actually looking for a logical explanation. Both cars are from Tesla itself... totally apples to apples...I would think there would have been a bigger price difference for 2 years newer, 14k fewer miles and bigger rims!

Also, for not much more past that you could probably get a brand new one. On one hand it suggests the depreciation is very low with such low inventory, but likely also a lack of information, and ever-changing new prices making the secondary market a crapshoot.

Are you sure the FSD is the same?

Reactions: Siciliano
Also, for not much more past that you could probably get a brand new one. On one hand it suggests the depreciation is very low with such low inventory, but likely also a lack of information, and ever-changing new prices making the secondary market a crapshoot.

Are you sure the FSD is the same?

Yes neither have fsd. I'm thinking this is purely geographical - that's the only factor that makes sense right now. I just don't know what I was thinking, I literally have bought/leased ALL my other cars from NJ. I guess in the heat of the moment sometimes common sense goes out the door. :(

I dunno, I think this is a life lesson to be happy with what you have! So many ppl never get the opportunity to own one of these masterpieces.

This will be really hard to overlook because of my OCD, but in time I'll get over it.

I appreciate the support, you guys have been gentle lol

I dunno, I think this is a life lesson to be happy with what you have! So many ppl never get the opportunity to own one of these masterpieces.

This will be really hard to overlook because of my OCD, but in time I'll get over it.

I appreciate the support, you guys have been gentle lol
If the car you are comparing to was in NJ, the price may include the $5,000 NJ tax credit, which you wouldn't qualify for in NY.

• Love
Reactions: Siciliano
If the car you are comparing to was in NJ, the price may include the $5,000 NJ tax credit, which you wouldn't qualify for in NY.

Thank you for this! I'm not even going to check if that's true or not...I will put it into my brain that it is true and be at peace lol

I'm actually thinking is has to be something like this, because otherwise it really doesn't make any sense.

Reactions: ml0204
When you got married did your eye wander so quickly:oops:?

:D I know it's not the same but you get the idea, enjoy what you have.

I agree 100% completely, but it's a little different - it's not that I want a nicer car, or a different car...I absolutely LOVE the car. My frustration lies with thinking I could have gotten a nearly brand new version (2 years newer) for $3k more.

I'm sticking with ml0204's assessment that there is some sort of hidden fee or promotion I wouldn't have qualified for since I live in NY. :)

5k is for new and used for NJ? that’s generous.

honestly, I would not sweat it. I have a 2018 and would not want any other year. Does yours have the orange roof tint when it rains?

that alone is worth $5k!

Yes it does have that orangish tint when it rains, which at first I didn't like at all, but then I read there is something similar fused into the cockpits of fighter jets :D admittedly, even without knowing that, I thought to myself how cool it is that it looks that way ONLY when it's wet or misty out.

BTW, you guys are seriously AWESOME. You have all genuinely made me feel 100% better.

I'm really happy to be a part of this forum. :)

5k is for new and used for NJ? that’s generous.

honestly, I would not sweat it. I have a 2018 and would not want any other year. Does yours have the orange roof tint when it rains?

that alone is worth $5k!

yeah his does have that but he posted in another thread that he created to ask what it was, that he considered it "fugly". Most of us that have that tint on the roof actually like it, and its one of the earlier distinctive things of a telsa model 3. People were super unhappy when it went away (the orange tint when it rains), which you likely remember.

In any case, looking at car deals after the fact is usually an exercise in frustration, because one can always find "something better" if you look hard enough.