Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jumping EDD’s and what’s the deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am new to the community as I had just ordered a model Y performance (white interior and exterior, no FSD, no tow hitch). On the website at the time of ordering promised march 2022 delivery. My order date was Feb 7 2022 and profile completion was on the 9th. On the 8th I made a change to the color chosen and that pushed me to April EDD but then it went back to a more narrow time frame of march 10-31st. Does tesla usually stick with that time frame or can I be moved to a longer point even with the original EDD being march 2022?

There is no promise from Tesla. That’s why it’s estimated delivery date. Basically you get it and have to take it whenever they have it ready to go. So have your finance ready to go soon after your order. Unfortunately there isn’t any planning with Tesla. You have to get it when they are ready or you cancel and start over.

So I am new to the community as I had just ordered a model Y performance (white interior and exterior, no FSD, no tow hitch). On the website at the time of ordering promised march 2022 delivery. My order date was Feb 7 2022 and profile completion was on the 9th. On the 8th I made a change to the color chosen and that pushed me to April EDD but then it went back to a more narrow time frame of march 10-31st. Does tesla usually stick with that time frame or can I be moved to a longer point even with the original EDD being march 2022?
It is not a promise. Website says estimate. Big difference. Your estimated delivery day will bounce around at times and at other times remain unchanged for long periods. Just read the posts here. Happens to every single order.

Reactions: jboles
There is no promise from Tesla. That’s why it’s estimated delivery date. Basically you get it and have to take it whenever they have it ready to go. So have your finance ready to go soon after your order. Unfortunately there isn’t any planning with Tesla. You have to get it when they are ready or you cancel and start over.
Loan offers are typically good for 30 days. Setting up financing as soon as you order if you've got a 3-4 month wait doesn't make any sense.

Reactions: jawnly211
First time posting.

OD: 1/30 | MYLR, MSM/Black, 21" induction wheels

Current EDD - TBD?!!?!
Over the last few weeks its bounced back and forth between June-July and Aug. This was first time I have seen TDB.

Anyone else see TBD EDD?

First time posting.

OD: 1/30 | MYLR, MSM/Black, 21" induction wheels

Current EDD - TBD?!!?!
Over the last few weeks its bounced back and forth between June-July and Aug. This was first time I have seen TDB.

Anyone else see TBD EDD?
Do yourself a favor and just don't check the EDD until May. You'll go crazy seeing all the forwards and backwards.

From my Tesla Advisor.
“Delivery dates move forward and backward due to reevaluation of internal and external factors by our order operations team.

These factors include client list, supply chain, manufacturing, and logistics.

It is completely dependent on a multitude of factors”

Reactions: advocate8