Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jumping the line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People in California will probably get the truck first like they did with the 3

Uh, no... Because Texas!!!

And there really is no line. Just revenue gain, shipping schedules, and regional decisions for marketing and transport. Why do I say this? Sep '19 MY order, Mar '20 MY delivery with a VIN in the "First Batch" and we are in Hill Country (Car has been amazing, btw, inspite of all the Chicken Littling going on...).

SS

No, I think moving to CA would put you up the chain more than being a Tesla owner. This coming from a former Plantation resident.
Except the CT is going to be made in Texas, not California. Tesla gave Roadster owners early access to the Model S but after that it's been on their own algorithms. Highest profit margin, shortest shipping times, configurations for which they have the parts on hand, etc.

After they do all of that segmentation, then they will assign cars based on reservation order.

So come on in, the water's fine :)

If there is, it will be a disaster For a Tesla. The CT is at a car, it’s a truck and they are trying to steal F-150 buyers. It’s better have all the issues corrected before release to the general public. Better take a few months to get it right then come out with crap vehicle and destroy your reputation to the general non traditional Tesla buyers they are trying to convert.

Well that is the big question. This model should be simpler to build but at the same time this is a new material for them to learn. I worry that all of the straight lines will make it more obvious if anything is out of alignment - especially that crease right above the door handles. But I agree w/ @TessP100D, there will be delays as they work hard to get it right the first time. They are entering an extremely crowded market segment. Not just for ICE trucks but EVs too. Atlis, Ford, Rivian, and Hummer are all bringing EV trucks to market.

Alignment issues should be a non issue for the most part the only distinct body pieces that are joins not bends are the openings eg doors frunk etc ( somewhere around 7 distinct exterior facing panels ). which are all adjustable by design as opposed to the Model 3 which has at my count (from the parts catalog) at lest 16 distinct exterior facing body panels that all have to be aligned within mm's some of which are not easily adjusted

Reactions: outdoors
Uh, no... Because Texas!!!

And there really is no line. Just revenue gain, shipping schedules, and regional decisions for marketing and transport. Why do I say this? Sep '19 MY order, Mar '20 MY delivery with a VIN in the "First Batch" and we are in Hill Country (Car has been amazing, btw, inspite of all the Chicken Littling going on...).

SS
Somehow Tesla is going to have to figure out how to sell the truck in Texas - doesn't make sense to make a truck in Austin, ship it out of state and then ship it back into Texas to a new owner.