TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

June NoVA meet at new Tysons Store

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by justaddsun, May 13, 2013.

1. justaddsun

justaddsun Member

#1 justaddsun, May 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    NoVA area Tesla owners and prospective owners get together
    When: Saturday, June 22, 9:30am -- please PM dockt if you need any last minute help

Where: top/roof level of parking garage (labeled "2nd Garage" below) behind AMC Theatres, Tysons I "new wing", near entrance to Brio and Coastal Flats (also valet parking circle on bottom floor). After photos anyone who needs to charge can go to the bottom level of garage behind Nordstrom at the Tesla spots (we can take you there if needed). Mapshot provided by GatorEight:
    mapshot.jpg

What to do: verify that we are all real people and not trolls, take lots of pics, check out some different options and upgrades in our cars, discuss all things Tesla, walk and hang at the new Tysons Tesla store, help sell some Model Ss -- basically act like 10 year old boys with cool BMX bikes.

Then: migrate to Tysons food court for some lunch -- not very fancy, but affords space, variety, ease of payment, and come/go as you wish.

IMG_20130511_135944.jpg

Attending (22 thus far):
    Curt
    slr_pwrd
    andrewket
    kendallpb
    dockt
    Tempus
    Cirrus
    Mark Simons
    swegman
    Ven Rala
    nrcooled
    Bifff67
    jcadman22
    xk8driver
    linkster and friend
    botbldr45
    techmaven
    swb1701
    Hover
    bigez1 and wife
    jackstesl

Maybes/have not heard from:
    kinddog
    DaveVA
    EricB
    dddozier
    aliljet
    greg G
    EVera
    loganss
    Su2013
    Treker56
    travlinglites

Out sadly:
    carrerascott (not in June)

tjimtjim
    Dfbrl8r
    Amin

2. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Awesome, thanks dockt for kicking this off.

I'll venture that the second half of the month is better for me, as I have a daughter graduating and have a party with family coming it leading up to the 15th. If that doesn't work for everybody else, I'll be there in spirit at least :).

My $0.02...

3. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I assume we're thinking over a weekend to provide more time for people who will be traveling greater distances? The weekend is possible for me, but I'm guessing like many of you I have a wife/significant other who doesn't share quite the same level of passion for Tesla who might be annoyed with a Saturday night event. Lunch might be an easier sell :)

Assuming a Saturday, this is what works best for me:

6/1
    6/8
    6/22
    7/27
    8/3
    8/10
    8/17
    8/24

I live about 3 miles from Tyson's and will have an HPWC installed in the next two weeks. Happy to share the EVSE with anyone who is traveling who will need to charge if Tesla's chargers will be insufficient.

4. justaddsun

justaddsun Member

I was even thinking a morning start (before mall opening) so we can get all the parking spots in and around the Tesla charger spots. Will also post to facebook owners page.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

5. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

The Bowie MD meetup a month or so ago, and the meetup in Williamsburg VA on 19 May (Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors) are "sponsored" by the Tesla WDC store (Kadira). We can meetup anytime we want at a Cars & Coffee (Katies in great Falls on Saturdays or Kohls Fair Lakes on Sundays). A get together at Tysons sounds great - just recommend you engage the Tysons Store Management. BTW, count me in for any Tesla meetup! JThompson

P85kwh | Black | Tan | Carbon Fiber | Tech | Sound Studio | Air Suspension | Supercharger | 21" Silvers | No CCI (I like the space!)

6. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

LOL, not that I'm a morning person, but that's cool. I noticed they're roped off, in your pic, though. Will we be able to use them? I mean, I don't mind parking wherever, but just curious. Also, where is that? I've seen a pic of it before but I don't know where it is.

I visited the Tysons "store" last week briefly just to check it out (didn't talk with anyone) and it was pretty busy--maybe 10-15 people?--and then we stopped by yesterday--not quite as many people, more like 7-10. Anyway it was good to see activity there both days. I almost bought a T-shirt. ;-)

7. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Gonna be in Australia all of June, so won't be able to make this one.

8. justaddsun

justaddsun Member

Yes, the store people told me we could park there (just move the cones out). It is in the 1st level of the parking garage next to Nordstrom's; which is actually not that near to the Tesla store (closer to Lord & Taylor). We may even want to park elsewhere as the garage is a dark, tight, croweded space. lol, I did buy a T-shirt there over the weekend -- it was the only thing I could afford there:crying:.

9. justaddsun

justaddsun Member

How about Saturday, June 22nd for the meet?

10. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Morning? Lunch? I've blocked 6/22 8am-noon on my calendar for now.

11. justaddsun

justaddsun Member

Let's start at 9:30am at the Tesla chargers/parking. After hanging out at the store we can grab an early lunch/brunch somewhere.

Sunday would be fine in general but the store opens at 11am, so the meet would take up more of the afternoon for those who have other plans that day.

Please chime in with other dates (I can't do June 8th weekend) if needed. @carerrascott -- don't feel sorry for you in Australia :cool:.

12. Curt

Curt Roadster Signature #55

I'd like to join in. My Roadster should have arrived by then.

13. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

I'll try... I may be booked that morning as it turns out... so if I can't make it in time I'll be there in spirit!

14. slr_pwrd

slr_pwrd Member

As member, joined today, I have been viewing this site since its earliest start '07/08. I used to have Roaster RN#984 back in 2007 but had to withdraw deposit due to job location. Years of waiting for new roaster plans to finalize, I gave up and now I am expecting MS to be delivered on June 1st. Looking forward this meet and seeing everyone's car. Mine is:

60Kwh | Multi-Red | Textile | Pano | 19" Rims | Tech | Sound Studio | Active Suspension | Rear Seats | Parcel Shelf | SuperCharger | VIN: xxxx11079
    Ordered: 3
    /17/13 | Finalized: 3/17/13 | Delivery Email: 5/8/13 | VIN: 5/14/13 | Scheduled Delivery: 6/1/13

15. justaddsun

justaddsun Member

Awesome! Welcome back! As more people respond we'll figure out a day that works for most.

16. Tempus

Tempus Member

the 6/22 date works for my calendar. i've blocked it tentatively with my better half. :)

17. Cirrus

Cirrus Member

18. justaddsun

justaddsun Member

Good to hear from you Cirrus (black P85, right?). I've updated the list of attendees. Good showing even as is.

19. Amin

Amin Member

I'm in!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm assuming my MS will be here by then...

20. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

I've added it to my calendar I think I'll get laughed at, so I'm not sure if I'll mention it yet. ;-) I still hear cries of "buy the car already!" when TMC is on-screen at home. . . .