Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

June NoVA meet at new Tysons Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 24226
I counted 29 cars. There are 28 in this photo and one model S had to leave before this was taken.

The reporter from the Washington Post was Stefanie Dazio. She had come to work on a story about the Virginia auto licensing laws that are affecting Tesla. It was just serendipity that a bunch of happy Tesla owners happened to be there at the same time.

Enjoyed seeing everyone!

Lanny

Lanny, That was a great photo, the best one I think.

Thanks to everyone that worked to plan and coordinate this event --- Dockt and GatorEight among them. It was a lot of fun meeting and talking with so many enthusiastic owners. Photos are great!

In the morning prior to this event, I was at Katie's Cars and Coffee in Great Falls --- several Tesla owners were there (who were also at the Tyson's event).

Hope we can do this again sometime.

I am looking at visiting Katie's Cars and Coffee on regular basis since I am just couple of miles away. Also, I was at the Tyson's Store on Sunday for an hour and was able to talk to three potential owners about car in detail and how to go about it purchasing it. Biffs was there as well. I visit the AMC for movies just about every Sundays so I hope to spend an hour at store to server the cause. The store manager is also looking at coming to Katies with company car on regular basis starting this weekend. The more cars we have at Katies the better it will be. I suggest we show our solidarity in large numbers at Katies away from main parking strip (front of katies), but not too far away from visitors site. Hope to see you soon..............

Some of us talked with Stefanie Dazio who was writing an article for the Washington Post. Her story is out. "In Va., Tesla Motors has a showroom where it can’t make sales"

Thanks, EVera. Too bad she had nothing of the meet which, to me, shows what the consumer wants and the passion we have for this company and its product. I'm sure a lot of us told her some pretty knowledgeable and first-hand stuff which was left out... What a coincidence that all the comments to the article (at this hour), and so many others on the same topic, side with Tesla.

Nice article about the outing on Jalopnik.com today. . . check it out here. http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/tesla-and-the-chasm-a-day-with-a-group-of-model-s-own-747762917

Thanks for the link!

He got a couple of things a bit off--(a) it's Tysons Corner Center, not Tysons II Galleria...and I'd hardly call Tysons Corner Center "a swank shopping mall"; and (b) "wealthy people" made me roll my eyes a bit (I'm far from wealthy)--but overall, nice coverage. I'm embarrassed to see myself in a couple of photos. :redface: ;-)

Nice article about the outing on Jalopnik.com today. . . check it out here. http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/tesla-and-the-chasm-a-day-with-a-group-of-model-s-own-747762917

Looking forward to seeing some of you in Great Falls on Saturday.

Nice article. When I heard the name Jalopnik I was a bit worried it would be a negative piece. I've got to tell my son the back of his head is famous.

Apparently I missed the group shot inside the store. I must have still been on the roof. Oh well.

I missed it too. I was showing a lady my car at the time.

Last edited:
IMG_8648.jpg

It's been five years since this meet at Tysons Corner Center.

I looked up some numbers from June 22, 2013 to compare with today:

15,000 - Approx. # of Teslas delivered (350,000 today)

240,687 - @ElonMusk Twitter followers (22 million today)

$99.55 - TSLA stock price ($333.63 today)

9 - Superchargers Worldwide (1,285 today)