TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

"Just a test drive" turned into an order

Discussion in 'Model X' started by bugZPDX, Nov 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bugZPDX

bugZPDX Member

We had placed and then canceled a reservation for a Model X several months ago. It just felt too extravagant to be spending so much money on a car. Those Tesla people are smart though. Someone called me from our local sales office and wanted to make sure we had no issue with our refund and also wanted to know why we canceled. He mentioned that we could go check out the X in person and test drive one if we liked. It sounded like a fun thing to do. You know, for fun.

Well our car is in the production queue and we expect delivery right around Christmas. I have justified this purchase in so many ways but ultimately I really just want the car.

I completely agonized over the configuration for the entire fee free 7 days but settled on the 90D, 6 seat, Pearl White, 20" standard wheels, Enhanced Autopilot, Full Self-driving, Sub-zero, Towing, PUP but with the black multi-pattern seats instead of leather and black interior/headliner.

• Like x 6
  2. Dr Doom

Dr Doom Member

Congrats on ur purchase. I was on the fence too but am glad that I pulled the trigger.

3. SUMD

SUMD Member

lol

That story sound very familiar.

Congrats!

4. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

That's exactly why I declined to be put on the Model S/X test drive list when I reserved my Model 3 at my local store. I was afraid the temptation would be too much to resist even though I knew logically it would be too big for my garage and too much for my budget as a retiree. :)

5. Finder

Finder Member

Congrats! Very similar story here except I put in a test drive request for kicks a while back and forgot about it. Was just going for fun as you said. Tesla calls back a few weeks later (after the auto pilot announcement), schedules a test drive, and boom - Model X 90D scheduled for end of the year delivery :)

First time I ever test drove a car and just had to have it. Had a test drive with a Model S prior to auto pilot being released and did not have the same reaction at all. Lots has changed in the last 2 years with the S though so maybe not a fair comparison.

• Like x 1
  6. bugZPDX

bugZPDX Member

Congratulations to you too! Our test drive was about 2 hours long. How could we say no after that? ;-)

7. DougH

DougH Active Member

My X is in the shop getting some new seals and they put me in a new S and I hate it. The X is so much better. I cannot wait to get back onto it!

8. bugZPDX

bugZPDX Member

My biggest worry is not being able to take it home on the day of delivery. I know it happens but is it very common?

9. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Similar config but mine is older hardware. You will luv driving it each & everyday!

10. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

I have a similar config.... love it. The multi-pattern seats are a good choice, we really like ours.

11. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

No, but it can happen. It hasn't happened to anyone I know personally; but I have read some reports on the forum.

12. Ormond

Ormond Member

I received mine this month and other than a small flaw in the clear coat it was fine.