Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Accepted To Beta (Early Release)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

smf72

MS Launch Day Plaid with CF and Black, 21 inch
Aug 4, 2014
CT
I was just added to the early release program..does anyone have experience on how long it will take my car(s) to receive the update to FSD Beta?

I was just added to the early release program..does anyone have experience on how long it will take my car(s) to receive the update to FSD Beta?
When Dirty Tesla got a new vehicle he didn't get FSD beta until a new FSD version was released. He had indicated that he knew that would be the situation. So...hope for a new version soon (as we all are). Good luck.

Reactions: smf72
Did you ask to join before getting this email or did Tesla just select you out of the blue?

Thanks
I did not ask I received a email to enroll late last night which was confirmed. I am assuming I will never see the beta on either of my cars as previous poster said thousands we're enrolled yet only 71 have access to the FSD beta.

Last edited:
Not to burst your bubble but I was accepted into EAP as well and most of my updates came after everyone else got theirs.. My model y is not in the EAP and I usually get the updates sooner... it doesn’t mean you will get the v9 beta... only about 2K have that.

• Disagree
Reactions: McFlurri
Where did you get these numbers?
FSD Beta participant numbers comes from page 5 of this document:

“Currently there are 824 vehicles in the pilot program- 753 employees and 71 nonemployees. Pilot participants are across 37 states with majority of participants in California. As of March 2021, pilot participants have driven over 153,000 miles using the City Streets feature. By the end of the Week of March 9, 2021 Tesla will expand this pool of participants to approximately 1600. “

The number for the Early Access program is just a guess from various posts here at TMC. I don’t believe Tesla has ever said exactly how many people are in that program, but it is certainly larger than the FSD Beta pool.

Reactions: McFlurri