Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Accepted To Beta (Early Release)

smf72

Aug 4, 2014
CT
I was just added to the early release program..does anyone have experience on how long it will take my car(s) to receive the update to FSD Beta?

n.one.one

Oct 12, 2014
Metro Atlanta, GA, USA
I was just added to the early release program..does anyone have experience on how long it will take my car(s) to receive the update to FSD Beta?
When Dirty Tesla got a new vehicle he didn't get FSD beta until a new FSD version was released. He had indicated that he knew that would be the situation. So...hope for a new version soon (as we all are). Good luck.

Reactions: smf72

smf72

Aug 4, 2014
CT
When Dirty Tesla got a new vehicle he didn't get FSD beta until a new FSD version was released. He had indicated that he knew that would be the situation. So...hope for a new version soon (as we all are). Good luck.
Thanks that was my thought !!!!

KArnold

May 21, 2017
Columbus OH
I was just added to the early release program

How do you know? The new "FSD subscription" is not the same as the "FSD Beta" - I assume you aren't confusing these 2 things. Not heard anything called "early release" before.

Curious. 🤫

smf72

Aug 4, 2014
CT
How do you know? The new "FSD subscription" is not the same as the "FSD Beta" - I assume you aren't confusing these 2 things. Not heard anything called "early release" before.

Curious. 🤫
Actually called "Early Access Program" I stand corrected.

smf72

Aug 4, 2014
CT
Did you ask to join before getting this email or did Tesla just select you out of the blue?

Thanks
I did not ask I received a email to enroll late last night which was confirmed. I am assuming I will never see the beta on either of my cars as previous poster said thousands we're enrolled yet only 71 have access to the FSD beta.

Last edited:

MrYenko

Mar 31, 2018
Fort Lauderdale
Regardless of whether OP gets FSD Beta or not, an expansion of the EA program is still an interesting data point. I would assume that would imply actual software updates coming that have more meaningful changes than what we’ve seen for the past year or so. Which is to say any changes at all.

qdeathstar

Completely Serious
May 17, 2019
VB
Not to burst your bubble but I was accepted into EAP as well and most of my updates came after everyone else got theirs.. My model y is not in the EAP and I usually get the updates sooner... it doesn’t mean you will get the v9 beta... only about 2K have that.

• Disagree
Reactions: McFlurri

FloridaJohn

Apr 1, 2016
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Where did you get these numbers?
FSD Beta participant numbers comes from page 5 of this document:

“Currently there are 824 vehicles in the pilot program- 753 employees and 71 nonemployees. Pilot participants are across 37 states with majority of participants in California. As of March 2021, pilot participants have driven over 153,000 miles using the City Streets feature. By the end of the Week of March 9, 2021 Tesla will expand this pool of participants to approximately 1600. “

The number for the Early Access program is just a guess from various posts here at TMC. I don’t believe Tesla has ever said exactly how many people are in that program, but it is certainly larger than the FSD Beta pool.

Reactions: McFlurri

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC