Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

just an allusion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Allusion

You've implied that Tesla's engineers have overlooked some fantastic way that they can charge their car quicker. Others and myself have asked you to elaborate on what that is. You might even say we asked the question of you.

Why don't you take this opportunity to show everyone - from first principles - what this idea is and let others peer review it? I know that you feel that you have explained things, but so far the ideas are not really joined together. This may be the source of the conflict that you have experienced elsewhere. Perhaps if you take this opportunity, others will see the merit in what you have to suggest.

It all seems pretty clear to me, but then that perspective may prove to be somewhat biased since I'm the one that understands what I'm talking about, yes?

Even now you refer to it as "fantastic" when diamagnetism and adiabatic logic circuits are ever increasingly routinely/widely discussed in the field of physics.

You see, from my perspective it's not so much that you asked as much as it was that you condemned, ostracized and derided me when all that I was doing was offering suggestions of potentially beneficial solutions that would address the problems/shortcomings with the Tesla's technology that had presented themselves...just trying to help, that's all...But all that I get for my efforts are "ad hominem*" attacks by individuals, as well as "bandwagoning**" members, all apparently intent on undermining my desires to inspire innovations of existing technologies that are all to obvious to me while somewhat obscure to you (just as every other innovation I've pointed out has been right under your noses all along, you just do not look at/perceive things as I do).

Admittedly, it did not occur to me that some (if not all) of the suggestions I offered may, either directly or indirectly, contradict the years of education/experience the members here may have undergone and even proffered from, but the one thing that any of your educations/experiences should have taught were that things change/there's always something new to be discovered.

That, and you've all repeatedly, aggressively, professed to knowing what you're talking about, so whom was I to question your credentials, though you often demanded mine.

I'm off to dinner for now, perhaps I'll stop by again later.

*http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/ad-hominem.html
**http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/bandwagon.html

Last edited:
I thought I should chime in here with a few points.

First of all, I'd (we'd) like this forum to be an open and welcoming place. That means allowing a diversity of opinions and respecting individual members. However, we also have to think about the forum as a whole. If a single member is bringing down the overall quality of the forum for everyone else, something needs to be done about it.

Second, this can be a place for the occasional technical discussion when appropriate. (I know I can sound a bit nerdy at times.) But you don't need to have a Ph.D. in physics (or to have even seen it in high school) to participate in those discussions, to ask a question or to offer an opinion. However, if you make a scientific assertion, it should be based in this universe and on currently accepted science. Talk about pseudo science (or at best speculative science), such as breaking the laws of thermodynamics, is beyond the scope of this forum. You might try physicsforums.com or some place like that.

So we now come to the issue at hand which is just-an-allusion/1n5p1r4t10n. Allusion, I'm sorry that you feel ganged-up on, but you have realize that you have caused an inordinate amount of problems. The main issue for me, of course, is that you are almost always off topic. But it goes beyond that. You seem to be unable to follow simple instructions that are common sense to most. You claim to have an understanding of advanced physics, yet your posts have clearly demonstrated an ignorance or misunderstanding of the most basic physical principles. Such posts confuse members who aren't particularly science/engineering types, and frustrates those who are. Your writing style involves extremely long run-on sentences consisting primarily of unnecessary words and often meaningless phrases that exhibit a kind of pseudo-intellectualism. It's bad enough that -- and I honestly mean no offense by this -- it's bad enough that it suggests a sort of mental imbalance. Perhaps you should look into getting some help.

There is, however, another possibility. You could just be trying to punk us, and are intentionally trolling the site. I've tried my best to give you the benefit of the doubt. But given the extraordinary number of issues you appear to have, coupled with evidence that you may be posting from some woman's hacked computer, I'm leaning towards a ban.

I don't get emotional or pissed like some, but I do have a finite amount of time and patience. And whether intentional or not, through prank or mental illness, you've shown classic troll behavior and it has to stop.

I suppose I'll wait for input from others before the door finally closes.

Last edited:
Doug, I think you've hit the nail on the head.

You see, from my perspective it's not so much that you asked as much as it was that you condemned, ostracized and derided me when all that I was doing was offering suggestions of potentially beneficial solutions that would address the problems/shortcomings with the Tesla's technology that had presented themselves...just trying to help, that's all...But all that I get for my efforts are "ad hominem*" attacks by individuals, as well as "bandwagoning**" members, all apparently intent on undermining my desires to inspire innovations of existing technologies that are all to obvious to me while somewhat obscure to you (just as every other innovation I've pointed out has been right under your noses all along, you just do not look at/perceive things as I do).

I'm sure you thought that today's embellishment of this paragraph would go unnoticed by the staff - wrong.

From The Subtle Art of Trolling

I think you tick more than a few of these boxes...

The content of a "troll posting generally falls into several areas. It may consist of an apparently foolish contradiction of common knowledge, a deliberately offensive insult to the readers of a newsgroup, or a broad request for trivial follow-up postings.

Start the troll in a reasonable and erudite manner. You have to engage your readers' interest and draw them in.

Never give too much away at the start - although a brief abstract with hints of what's to come can work wonders.

A good rule of thumb is that as your troll becomes more and more ludicrous put extra effort into the presentation - this keeps the mug punter confused. Let confusion and chaos be your goal.

Outwardly you need to appear sincere, but at the same time you have to tell your *real* audience that this is blatant flamebait. Your skill is shown in the easy way that you manipulate large areas of the Usenet community into making public fools of themselves.

Furthermore, from Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This behaviour sounds pretty familiar...

Frequently, someone who has been labelled a troll by a group may seek to redeem their reputation by discrediting their opponents, for example by claiming that other members of the group are closed-minded, conspirators, or trolls themselves.

Finally, remember the original l33t 5pe4k username? I think it is pretty obvious what we have here. Case closed.

Novelties: Mustang Forums Trolled With Hilarious Results - Jalopnik

Internet trolling is a delicate art. The best examples require a balance of breathtaking ignorance, feigned indignant outrage plus a sprinkling of implied insults to the forum faithful. Sorry Mustang Forums, you've just been trolled...

... As any good troll does, this one stokes the fire with earnest responses. Head over and enjoy the firestorm this guy created. If nothing else it serves as a hilarious warning to be ever vigilant for troll kind.