Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just announced: Minneapolis Service Center is also an official Sales Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sales open Monday - Saturday 10am-6pm
Tesla information and test drives.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 541
They just did this with the Raleigh service center as well. I expect that this has to do with the fact that they decided to pull back on store openings. Elon mentioned on the conference call that it seems opening service centers is enough to drive demand in a region, so they were going to focus on doing that instead for now.

I understand the motivation of mixing the two, but the Eden Prairie location is so very not customer-oriented.

The staff or great, but the location is hard to find and, in the end, it's a garage.

Totally agree. The staff at the Eden Prairie (Minneapolis) location are fantastic and flexible, especially Ashley and Todd.

The EP Tesla location is reminiscent to Circuit City store strategy. Not saying Tesla is anything like a Circuit City, but back in the day when I worked for Circuit City their physical store strategy was to place a store in a location where it took effort to find and get to...The thought was this increases the number of clients walking through the door that are ready to buy. Now keep in mind this was before internet retailers and mobile everything at your fingertips.

I caught this just looking at the map of locations yesterday (by coincidence). My theory is that they are keeping a low profile for a while to avoid further radar profile with the Minnesota Auto Dealers Association. They may have made this decision well in advance of the opening in May, since blueprints had to be made. I will say it is heartwarming to drive Hwy 169 and see the Tesla logo on a building, something you can't do with the Mall of America.

They just did this with the Raleigh service center as well. I expect that this has to do with the fact that they decided to pull back on store openings. Elon mentioned on the conference call that it seems opening service centers is enough to drive demand in a region, so they were going to focus on doing that instead for now.

That makes sense; a lot of people in this region asked "Where do you go to get it serviced?" With the nearest service center over 200 miles away, this discourages a lot of people, even when I tell them about the Rangers. I would expect that whenever a service center opens, a lot of "on the fence" people in the area would buy the car.

Any recommendations of sales staff to talk to here? I see that Libby & Alex both have more than 1 recommendation on the MNPEVOC EV Sales Savvy page. Does anyone have other recommendations or a particular positive experience? I usually have a lot of technical questions, so I'd prefer a salesperson who is knowledgeable about how things work, or who is willing to help figure out answers to questions that I may have. Thanks!!

Any recommendations of sales staff to talk to here? I see that Libby & Alex both have more than 1 recommendation on the MNPEVOC EV Sales Savvy page. Does anyone have other recommendations or a particular positive experience? I usually have a lot of technical questions, so I'd prefer a salesperson who is knowledgeable about how things work, or who is willing to help figure out answers to questions that I may have. Thanks!!

The whole team is great; you can't go wrong.

I would guess this may indicate that SC location could be here also then (like Highland Park?). Doesn't seem like the most optimal location if it is the case but would still be nice to get the first SC location in the area.